Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Hellfire/Tubac T-Bones

Hellfire/Tubac T-Bones

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:38 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Two of Steven's spicy steak recipes are Hellfire Steaks from BBQ USA (I think) and Tubac T-Bones from Primal Grill, and last weekend I went from meory and combined the 2 for a t-bone that needed to be eaten.

I didn't know that I was almost out of ground mustard so I had to stretch what I had by adding garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, and ground mustard seeds. After coating the steak I splashed it liberally with Panola Extra Hot Sauce and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
Image Image

The "Tubac" part of the recipe calls for jalapeno slices to be sizzled in butter and poured over the top of the finished steak.

Since I like my steak fairly rare I lost some of the crust, which hadn't fully hardened by the time the meat was done. Plus I got the jalapenos a little too done, but the butter was plenty spicy.
Image Image

Whoo-wee! The steak definitely had some heat; in fact, maybe it had too much because the other flavors were rather muted. A regular-strength hot sauce probably would've been better as well as eliminating the cayenne from the rub. But when it came to heat it didn't disappoint! :wink:

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

i dont care for to much heat i like flavor in the hot sauce but that steak looked fantastic
TIMS BBQ

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:04 pm
BBQ Deputy

Thanks! It was definitely hot and while I like spicy foods to a certain extent, the balance was just a little bit off.

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So that little fireball a few thousand miles south of me - that was you? :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:56 am
BBQ Deputy

I think you would've liked them since hot & spicy are right up your alley!

Return to General Discussion