Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled riblets

Grilled riblets

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:08 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

When ribs are $3.99/lb and more and I'm grilling for one the $1.99 trimmings sold as "riblets" are a great alternative.

Once I open a jar of commercial seasoning mix I try to use it fairly often so that it doesn't migrate to the back of the cupboard for a few years, so I sprinkled the riblets with some Weber Steak & Chop Seasoning. It'll likely show up in some more threads this summer. :wink:

I set up the grill with an indirect charcoal and hickory twig fire and while the riblets cooked I mowed some of the lawn. After about 2 hours they looked done enough to me.

The Y-shaped riblet was almost like a small pork chop so I went for it first. I thought that it might be a little dry but it was just fine, and had some nice smoke flavor.

Wisconsin Brewing Company's a relative newcomer, at least to the bottled microbrew scene, and so far the beers I've had have been pretty good. Big Sweet Life is a nice maibock that has a little more body and sweetness than a typical lager, so it can pair with food as well as stand on its own. The sauce is from some guy who's been around awhile. :wink:

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:35 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

nice looks tasty i can pick up spare ribs here for 2.59 a pound i get 4 and 5 racks at a time
TIMS BBQ

Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:31 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Brad - that last pic says it all... :D

Those riblets are called "sweet and sour cut" up here, but they're rarely so cheap. Nice score! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, guys! Unfortunately the riblets aren't a consistent item at my regular grocery store so I grab them when I can, especially if they're not too expensive.

Return to General Discussion