Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion July 4 weekend - what's cookin'?

July 4 weekend - what's cookin'?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Scorched Porch is making his grilled paella debut this weekend, so what's everybody else cooking? We're going to my parents' house but my mom has planned a non-grilled menu so I'm off the hook, but that still leaves Saturday and Sunday so I might have to at least do burgers and dogs one of the days. Probably when the daughters and their boyfriends are around...I'm not breaking into my steak hoard for them! :lol:

And those of you from outside the US should speak up, too...after all, it's still the weekend! :wink:

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:07 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

Going old school, burgers and dogs, beans and slaw. Whats a fourth without a yellow mustard stain on your tee shirt?
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 am
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I'm going to my sister in law's house but I was asked to smoke some baby backs. The day ususally starts with my brother in law grilling then he will ask me to cover for him while he greets a couple guest. He never returns and I'm grilling the rest of the day.
:bbq:

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

Wiseguy your reputation preseed you. I hope he doesn't take credit.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:58 am
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Big Paella grill Blow Out on Saturday (My new pan is about 3 feet in diameter). We have a ringer from the South of Spain coming in to show me the ropes. This ought to be good. I'll be furiously writing out every step and taking pictures as she goes. Stay tuned!
36" Argentine Grill
WSM 22.5, Pit Barrel Cooker
Weber Performer
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:41 pm
jstewart well done
well done

My wife mentioned steaks on Friday, but still haven't decided yet. I am going to try those cream cheese burgers some time over the weekend......
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Return to General Discussion