Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pecan Lodge

Pecan Lodge

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

Have you been? This article gives a glowing review:

http://eater.com/archives/2014/07/07/pecan-lodge-barbecue-dallas-texas.php

I know that Griffin has, as he posted about it here:
http://barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24199&p=224843&hilit=pecan+lodge#p224843

I would love to go, but I am too many miles away today.

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's a nice writeup and does a good job of telling the story behind Pecan Lodge and not focusing just on the food.

National exposure can really help a place take off. A little pizza place about 40 minutes from me got featured as one of USA Today's "50 best" and business skyrocketed.

I don't see a Dallas visit in my near future but should I ever find myself close by I'll try to make a Pecan Lodge visit. Thanks for the link!

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:34 am
Griffin well done
well done

I went way, way back in the day. Before they got a name. Before Diner's, Drive Ins and Dives. Before Texas Monthly. Back before their pit was even enclosed. Got to spend quite a bit of time talking to Justin and tasting some meat right off the pit. The last few years its been nuts. Have to stand in line starting early (not sure how early as I don't do early) and they sell out. Now they've moved to a new location in Deep Ellum. I need to go and check it out but life has been hectic lately. Good on him for becoming a success, bummer that you can no longer just walk up, stand in a line a few people deep and get good bbq fast. Oh well.

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

Thanks for the info Griffin. I was hoping you would weigh in. I hope that things slow down a little for you.

Return to General Discussion