Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Poll: Vote for August's Online Block Party!

Poll: Vote for August's Online Block Party!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
What should be our theme for August's Online Block Party?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Steak
No votes
Ribs
No votes
Poultry
13%
Meat on a Stick (kebabs, etc.)
13%
The World's Best Hot Dog
25%
Tailgating! (including Wings/Appetizers)
No votes
Man Made Meals (from Steven's new cookbook)
13%
National Sandwich Month
No votes
Best Grilling Gadgets
No votes
Nothing - it's time to put this party to bed for good
38%

Total votes : 8

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Once again, time flies. It's time to vote for the August Online Block Party!

There are a couple of popular choices from previous polls as well as a couple of new ones taken from Steven's recent blogs and a few other sources.
There's also another option, as interest in the Online Block Party seems to have been declining every month.... :cry:

Remember - you can change your vote anytime until the poll closes on August 1, 2014.

In addition, if you have any suggestions for upcoming Online Block Party ideas, post them on the board and we'll add them to next month's poll (for a possible Online Block Party in September).
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hmmm...it looks like the poll's expired but I'd still like to vote for hot dogs. Like ScorchedPorch said in the July thread, I'd like to see it keep going (even though I didn't have anything last month).

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Hmmm...it looks like the poll's expired but I'd still like to vote for hot dogs. Like ScorchedPorch said in the July thread, I'd like to see it keep going (even though I didn't have anything last month).

I'm with you, Brad! :cheers:
Got beer???

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No problem - August's party will be posted today. I guess we could call these a couple of "absentee ballots". :D

Keep something in mind, too: I spend an hour or two each month racking my brain trying to figure out what to put on next month's poll without having to recycle old themes too much. And every month I ask for suggestions but with few takers so far - but those suggestions have been great.

Incidentally, I also get the odd member flaming me privately (or publicly) because they want their idea posted over everyone else's and that's unfair. (That's pretty frustrating when you consider that the moderators do this for free, too.) But there's really no need to flame me, either, because I'll gladly add these suggestions as one of the choices either for the current month's poll, or for the next month's poll if I have the current 10 slots already filled up.

So with all of that in mind, if any of you have any ideas for future polls please send me a PM. I usually start doing a draft post of the poll by the second week of the month so your suggestion will almost certainly wind up on one of the upcoming polls. Thanks!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion