Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Weber Smoker

Weber Smoker

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:57 am
Tex rare
rare

Has anyone purchased the add on smoker for a Weber gas grill. I am interested in it, but don't know if it is worth the money. Currently I just use a foil pouch.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:37 pm
cwilder raw
raw

The Weber smoker add-on does a very good job -- much better than you'll get from a foil pouch. It's definitely worth the money.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:15 pm
Tex rare
rare

Thanks, it will probably be my next investment. Do you use it like you would with a pouch, preheating very high until you see smoke, then turning it down? I guess my main concern is that it doesn't have it's own burner, but am guessing by the previous post it doesn't affect the smoking.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:20 pm
jfietz@wi.rr.com

I have one of these on my Genisis Silver and it works very well, The unit sits over the crossover burners that are always on even when the center and rear burners are off. the instructions don't say to soak the chips but to leave them dry, I've done it both ways and both work well. Theyb also make a steam & Smoker, might be only for the Summit. The smoker works great for rotisserie chicken it generates a lot of smoke. Still not like charcoal & chips or chunks.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:46 pm
Tex rare
rare

Thanks, I forgot that the burners over there were always on. I will definatley be getting this. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:40 pm

jfietz@wi.rr.com wrote:
I have one of these on my Genisis Silver and it works very well, The unit sits over the crossover burners that are always on even when the center and rear burners are off. the instructions don't say to soak the chips but to leave them dry, I've done it both ways and both work well. Theyb also make a steam & Smoker, might be only for the Summit. The smoker works great for rotisserie chicken it generates a lot of smoke. Still not like charcoal & chips or chunks.

Do you get a long time for smoke or do your chips eventually catch fire? I have a fire problem, although I read one guy uses the smoker box but still puts foil over it and punches 4 holes to good effect. He felt the slots were still too much air in the box.

Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:24 am

I use the little 6X9 pans and put the chips in, thus a smoker... Sorta! :D

Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:18 pm
Tex rare
rare

Thanks for the help.

Return to General Discussion