Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grill2Go

Grill2Go

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:17 am
Tiger-Roo raw
raw

G'day from 'downunder'.
We are another month away from our barbecue season here in Victoria, Australia and I have been reading your 'mouthwatering' recipes which I aim to try.
I purchased an American made "Grill2Go" portable barbecue/grill from one of our local hardware stores reduced from $400 down to $150. Unfortunately there was no 'manual/operating instructions' and I have been unsuccessful in obtaining them despite contacting the manufacturers in the USA - are these 'manuals' known under a different name or something?
Could anyone help me please.
This particular item is a gas bottle operated grill type with lid, using no coal or rocks so I would imagine that it will be much slower.
Our typical Aussie barbecue is usually gas bottle operated heating hot rocks over which there are both open and solid grills with no lids. Recent years have seen the introduction of lids which have the capacity of holding whole chickens keeping them hot whilst preparing other morsels.
You guys seem to do a lot of preparation work regarding smoking and the use of hickory chips (sounds scrumptious) and 'caging' style so I hope I can find some of your recipes which are appropriate to the Aussie style of barbecuing.
Best wishes to you all.
Have a nice day!

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:37 am
dkirn well done
well done

Tiger-Roo - If you have some Aussie barbecue receipes that you can share I think we all would love to try them.

Thanks

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:38 am

dkirn wrote:
Tiger-Roo - If you have some Aussie barbecue receipes that you can share I think we all would love to try them.

Thanks

I'm afraid we are nowhere near as sophisticated as you guys. Our recipes are all the same - chuck a snag (sausage) on the barbie. Grill it until it is almost burnt. Wrap a piece of bread round it and maybe some tomato sauce. Then eat it whilst drinking a can of grog (beer).
Sounds pretty terrible doesn't it. We do have varieties like chops, steaks and fish but basically it is all done the same way with perhaps some onion rings and salad.

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:00 am
Luke medium-rare
medium-rare

Live Different

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:15 pm
PaulP well done
well done

Tiger-Roo,

Suggest you buy one or more of Steven's books. Since you're a total newbie to "American-style" grilling, I'd suggest you start with How To Grill. It will teach you all the basic techniques and provide some great recipes. When you've mastered the techniques, you can get other books if you wish. There are links on this site to buy the books, or try Amazon.com

PaulP
PaulP
If you don't like the food, have more wine

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:06 pm
Tiger-Roo raw
raw

PaulP wrote:
Tiger-Roo,

Suggest you buy one or more of Steven's books. Since you're a total newbie to "American-style" grilling, I'd suggest you start with How To Grill. It will teach you all the basic techniques and provide some great recipes. When you've mastered the techniques, you can get other books if you wish. There are links on this site to buy the books, or try Amazon.com

PaulP

Thanks to both Luke and Paul.
I have tried to download the PDF file of the manual but cannot open it. I clicked on the 'contact us' button but, as in the past, all it gives is a local phone number (no address) which I cannot access from Australia. I don't want to try the 'trial and error' system with this grill as it looks to be a beautiful piece of equipment. Has anyone got any more idea's on how I can obtain a manual?
Thanks again chaps!
Have a nice day!

egkor rare
rare

Tiger-Roo,

Can you open ".pdf" files on your machine? Do you have he Acrobat reader installed? If not, then that's why you can't open the file. You can get the Acrobat Reader for free from the Adobe web site ...

-egkor

Post Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:32 am

Thankyou egkor I downloaded the adobe program and now have the manual. Many thanks, hope I can reciprocate in some way on the boards in the future.
Sincere thanks again.

Post Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:02 pm
egkor rare
rare

Hi Tiger-Roo,

Glad to help!

Let us know how you are doing with your new grill!

-egkor

Return to General Discussion