Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Bone in Pork Loin

Bone in Pork Loin

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:36 am
CubFanPete medium
medium

Let me start by saying if I ever learn how to read the label I'll be fine. Thought I was buying boneless had great plans. This is where the reading comes in got bonein. So went alot simpler injected with cider and finished it with an apple butter sauce. Also was my first time using maple wood chips in with the charcoal the results were great. Some times dumb luck is better than planning.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:24 am
rogerja well done
well done

My rule of thumb # 4: It's always better with the bone in.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:56 pm
sacmer well done
well done

There is a new vendor guy at my local farmers market selling pork. He brings smoked bacon, pork chops and tenderloins to the market but can get you any size whole hog or other cuts to order. I started talking to him about getting a larger loin (not the small tenderloins) roast . He says he has a great cut he learned from some European customers. It is a bone-in-skin-on loin roast (he calls it the Euro roast) which he says comes out super flavorful for indirect cooking. He says the skin adds so much flavor.

The market is only on sundays so in the next few weeks I plan to order one. I will post pics.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:04 pm
rogerja well done
well done

sacmer wrote:
It is a bone-in-skin-on loin roast (he calls it the Euro roast) which he says comes out super flavorful for indirect cooking.

Oh man, bones and pork skin. Talk about heaven...

Return to General Discussion