Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Pig Pickin'

Pig Pickin'

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:17 pm
chagan well done
well done

I, personally don't think that there is anything wrong with eating animals- at least THEY have a chance to run away. Just because humans don't understand vegie language doesn't mean that PLANTS don't feel pain. Which reminds me of a joke....

If trees could scream, would we be so callous about cutting them down? Well, ....maybe.........if they screamed all the time..........in the middle of the night...........for no apparent reason.....

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:04 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Chagan,
If you want to get technical, there is only 20% difference between human and plants DNA, that’s not much difference. I truly believe what you are seeing is true.

Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:14 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Blackdog -

You have been reading some of Grand Scales humor - it is starting to rub off

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:03 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I never claimed to be a good influence...

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:38 am

There is plenty of room for all of God's creatures.................. right next to the mashed potatoes. :mrgreen:

Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:49 am
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Anonymous wrote:
There is plenty of room for all of God's creatures.................. right next to the mashed potatoes. :mrgreen:

Maybe next to the grilled stuffed jalapenos or smoke roasted potatoes.
After all, this is q.......................

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:54 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

Good evening!! Everything was awesome! The weather was perfect, and I fired the wood up at 4:30am. The pig smoked meat down for about two hours, then we flipped it over for the duration. We had the baste right in the pit along with the finishing sauce. The temp was steady at 210, and by 2:00pm people were snacking on it. We had the beer can birds panini, oysters, scallops, buffa-que wings, and some garlic quail as starters. For the side we had bean hole beans on the pit, grilled corn with garlic basil butter on for the last part of the beer birds session, cole slaw, german potato salad, grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches topped with roasted garlic paste, green beans, and for dessert my wife and I made a bunch of pound cakes then made a sauce out of chopped grilled pineapple mixed with a hot, thickened concoction of maple syrup & brown sugar poured over top and rebaked to make a crust. The saddest part is when we made the cakes we didn't have a recipe, so we had to wing it. They were delicious, and I probably won't be able to duplicate it. But, I WILL try!!!! The 4 kegs of beer had about 2 cups by the end, and the wood left over would not have supported two boxes of popsicles. There was a few unhappy people with the main course because I said the heck with the hotdogs very early on. This sentiment changed as they were converted by days end to real food. I would have checked in yesterday, but, we had a little clean-up to swing first. Many thanks again for the suggestions people, they made the trip all worthwhile.

Oh, and I told the guest of honor next time it was his turn to throw the bash.

Thanks again! Craig

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:47 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Craig,
Your pig pickin' is something you can be proud of, and I'm sure your guests will talk about for a long time to come. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask you to put the next one on again.

Pete

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:54 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Way to go Craig! That was an awesome feast. We all wish we were there. It sounds like everyone had a great time and plenty to eat.

Now for the beggin'... Did anyone get pictures? :wink:

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:45 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

Truthfully, I don't know if someone took any pics or not. I was too busy. This deal was a mountain of fun, but it would never have been pulled off without a lot of help from a lot of peolpe. Would I do it again? You can make book on that friends.
Craig

Post Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:37 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themsevles Craig. Yeah, my rule of thumb is 8 or younger can't appreciate good Q anyway so just givem hot dogs and save the good stuff for the folks that appreciate it. Sounds like you didn't have any leftovers so I'm guessing you won't forget the hotdogs next time to fill the youngins up with :lol: Thanks for sharing your Q story. :D

Post Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:00 pm
Craig medium-rare
medium-rare

[url] Once again thanks to everyone for the help.
Craig[/url]

Previous

Return to General Discussion