Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I need Help

I need Help

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:16 pm

In all the recipes that i have looked at, they all call for 1.5-2 hrs cooking time for ribs. My bro claims that it takes at least 8+. I have the char-griller but w/o the fire box. He has one that his firend gave him that has a fire box.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:05 pm
dwilli01 rare
rare

I've cooked really good ribs in 2 hours - low direct heat & kept them basted really well. Tomorrow I am going to try the Rendezvous Dry Ribs - directions call for baby backs over direct heat for 30 minutes per side.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:43 pm
stripegrill medium
medium

As was stated above, the key is to keep them basted over that low heat. My typical cooking time is about 2 hours.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:56 pm
Luke medium-rare
medium-rare

The key here is to define what is meant by low temperature. If low means 300-350 degrees then the ribs will take about 2hrs. If low means 225 then they will take 4-6 hours. I generally look for about a five hour cooking time depending on circumstances. However what is important to consider is that these are basically two different methods of cooking. Both will be good but they will produce different results.

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:53 pm

Thanks guys for the help. I'll be cooking at a low temp of 225-230. Happy fourth of july to all.

Matt Jones

Return to General Discussion