Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials can you shoulder lean??

can you shoulder lean??

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:52 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR,
I JUST WANTED TO POST A TESTOMONIAL ABOUT THE FAMILY CHRISTMAS DINNER THIS YEAR, I steered the family away from the traditional Christmas dinner of ham, turkey or goose. I fired up the smoker on Christmas eve and SMOKED THE SHOULDER CLOD(chuck roll) ala Peter cravath(October 23, 2006) who is a blogger on this site...Peter if you are out there HOLLA BACK!!! THis is one for the ages...IT WAS GREAT..24 lbs of juicy shredded beef...i smoked this for over 12 hours..indirect grill heat and lots of hickory wood .....I used Jakes (Stevens son)coffee cardamom rub that is in Steven's sauces book and I also slathered Jakes 3cs bar- bq sauce with the choclate cherry flavoring on the beef at the end of smoking AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i complimented this big beautiful piece of beef with the infamous grilled mac and cheese with the grilled onions and chiles.........WOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We proceeded to enjoy this dinner while we watched our Philadelphia Eagles go into TEXAS and REPRESENT., If I couldn't make it to Texas with them what a better way to be there in spirit than to Slow SMoke a huge piece of JUICY BEEF........ NOw that's how ya SMOKE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody out there....give this a try, I'm gonna have to start taking pictures.... CAN I GET AMEN?????AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to Testimonials