Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials I've Become a BBQ Junkie

I've Become a BBQ Junkie

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:20 pm
fquan raw
raw

I received BBQ USA and How to Grill back in December. Read through each book many times and when summer finally arrived here (Utah) I purchased a Char -Broil grill and tried out the smoked pork ribs and beef brisket. I had never done either , before, but the instructions in the book were so easy to follow that both became family hits immediately. Each though the Char-Broil is only a few months only, I'm now saving my pennies, nickles and dimes for a Char-Griller Super Pro so I can have a dedicated smoker.

Here's the ironic thing. I can make my beef ribs come out as tender as my pork ribs. If anyone wants to take a stab at my problem, let me know and I'll tell you what I've been doing.

By the way, Steven, for whatever reason, your show isn't carried in Utah, anymore. Guess I need to make a stink about it.

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:03 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

fquan Welcome to the board!

I can make my beef ribs come out as tender as my pork ribs

Did you mean CAN or CAN'T, because CAN doesn't seem like a problem. :wink:

Hope to see you around. :D

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:35 pm
fquan raw
raw

Oops...I meant I can't get my beef ribs as tender as my pork ribs. As a matter of fact, they end up tough and chewy. I've taken the beef ribs and smoked them for a couple of hours and they're just no good. It's frustrating because I enjoy beef ribs as much as pork.

Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:52 pm
kiltedcook well done
well done

I personally have never had beef ribs that were quite as tender as pork ribs. I would like to hear form others, but it may be the nature of the beast (cow).

Char-Griller Super Pro w/SFB

Barbequed Haggis Anyone?

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:07 am
BBQRanger medium
medium

I have a friend who makes some pretty mean beef ribs. I think he pre-cooks them though.

Cheater. :D
"Gettin' paid to grill, two weeks out of every month!"

Weber Silver Genesis
CG Super Pro w/SFB

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:39 pm
Freelander medium
medium

my experience has always been the same...whether my own or ordered out...beef ribs generally aren't as tender as pork...just the nature of the beasts. a well-fattened beef steer is still much more muscular than a nice fat hog.
(yeah, farm boy here) :wink:
Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
-Mark Twain

Return to Testimonials