Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials HERB BUTTER

HERB BUTTER

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:42 am
ELI EBERSOL

STEVE FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRADULATE YOU ON DOING A GOOD JOB ON THE BOOK HOW TO GRILL I PICKED IT UP AT A STORE JUST RECENTLEY AT A STORE IT IS EVERYTHING THAT I DREAMED OF I LOVE GRILLING WITH MY CHARCOAL GRILL WE TRYED THE SMORES RECIPE YESTERDAY WITH SHORTBREAD CINAMMON COOKIES IT IS OUTSTANDING I HAVE ONE QUESTION I HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO MAKE A DIFFERENT HAM BURGER YOUR RECIPE CALLS FOR HERB BUTTER BUT I CANNOT FIND IT AT ANY GROCERY STORE IN OUR AREA COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT WORKS IN PLACE OF THAT HAPPY GRILLING AND THANKS AGAIN

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:39 am
Longmill well done
well done

Welcome Eli! Hope you'll register and join our group.

Herb butter is easy to make. Take the butter out of the refigerator and let it warm enough to be easy to mold. Then, add your favorite herb. For example, if you'd like chives butter, add finely minced chives. Blend well. Put the butter on a piece of plastic wrap. Shape it roughly into a log. Wrap the plastic around the "log" to further shape it. Chill the "log" in the refrigerator. Wait a minimum of a couple of hours, overnight better, to let the flavor's blend.

You can use a number of herbs and spices to make specialized butters. Garlic butter for baked potatoes. Cinnamon butter for toast. Experiment in small batches to see what you like best.

Hope this helps.
Longmill
CharGriller Super Pro SFB
Charcoal GOSM
Sunbeam gas grill

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:59 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Also check page 449 of How to Grill for making butters.

Return to Testimonials