Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Steve's recipes

Steve's recipes

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:24 pm
spfranz well done
well done

I just wanted to post to thank Steve for his fine books. I find that his recipes are well suited to my family's tastes. When I want to make something that is a little off the beaten path (which is quite often), I open the Barbecue Bible. I've found myself travelling all over the greater Twin Cities area to find one ingredient for this book. It's always worth it.

When I want to know proper grilling technique for a particular kind of food, I start with How To Grill. When I want a good rub or sauce, I go to the Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades book. His books are always the first place I start.

If nothing else, his recipes are always a good starting point for me. Sometimes I make some modifications. My all time greatest moment in this little venture involves the old time favorite - hamburgers.

I used Steve's idea for putting a big slab of bacon-onion butter in the middle of the burger but then applied a rub to the outside and smoked them for about an hour and fifteen minutes instead of grilling. The butter kept them nice and moist and added a great flavor.

The greatest moment? I once got a vegetarian to not only try one, he ate two of them.

Scott
I like vegetarians. Some of my favorite foods are vegetarians.

Return to Testimonials