Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Thumbs up for Power Puff Rub

Thumbs up for Power Puff Rub

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:30 pm
Zeke rare
rare

Greetings all,

Last night, I barbecued a whole chicken cut up into quarters. I normally make a traditional rub, but this time I tried the Powder Puff rub from page 25 of Steve's "Sauces, Rubs & Marindates" book. For such a small number of unassuming ingredients, it knocked my socks off.

My wife proclaimed it was the best bbq rub she'd ever eaten. I cannot wait to try this on ribs!

Kudos to the Powder Puff team for coming up with such a great rub, and kudos to Steven for sharing it!

-zeke
"Life is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind - it doesn't matter"

Post Mon May 17, 2004 12:43 pm
aidan

What is the receipe for powder puff rub?

Post Mon May 17, 2004 1:01 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

aidan we on the board must respect Steven's copyrighted material. You'll find the recipe in "Sauces, Rubs & Marindates" as mentioned. This book is available in the online store link above in the main menu. Please support Steven, you'll enjoy the rest of the book as well. And if you don't have "How to Grill" it's a must have. Thank you for understanding.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:25 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The powder puff rub is infact in Sauces Rubs and Marinades. I almost tried it this weekend. But ended up going with the Kansas City Seet and Smokey instead. It was great itself. They are right next to each other in the book. Good Luck and Enjoy.

Return to Testimonials