Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials First Timer Ribs are now my Every Timers Ribs!!

First Timer Ribs are now my Every Timers Ribs!!

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Swcrowder raw
raw

I recently had a few friends over and prepared the First Timer Ribs recipe (from the recipe section of this website). I have prepared this recipe a few times, and every time the ribs turn out perfectly! After preparing this recipe again, I have decided to use it every time. My guests and family raved over these ribs, and my 5 year old and 1 year old children were eating them like crazy. The only thing I changed was the mop sauce. Instead of making it, I mixed up a solution of 2 parts vinegar (white or apple cider), and 1 part vegetable oil. I sprayed this on the ribs every 20-30 minutes or so to keep the meat moist. It works great, and the ribs don't dry out. I used the indirect cooking method over charcoal adding hickory wood chips, and cooked at about 280 degrees for about 3 1/2 hours. The meat was tender and moist, with a good BBQ flavor. I served the ribs with home made baked beans. The beans especially go well with these ribs. I also used the BBQ sauce listed with this recipe, and it turned out great as well. This is the only rib recipe you will ever need!

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 am

I agree. I really like these ribs. The lemon brown sugar barbeque sauce is also my favorite. I really like the lemon juice and lemon zest in it that really add to the lipsmackability (a technical barbecuer's term).
Jenn-Air gas
Weber One Touch Gold
Char-Griller SP w/ SFB
Char-Broil gas
Aussie style charcoal
BBQ Grillware SS portable

Post Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 pm
rdub medium
medium

ditto for me. I've attempted ribs 3 times on my Chargriller, these were by far the best they've ever been. I had a big bbq with a bunch of my buddies and one of them called his wife and told her he wanted a divorce, he was going to marry my ribs.

Return to Testimonials