Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Saturday's Dessert

Saturday's Dessert

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:06 pm
smokenbrew medium-well
medium-well

I smoked two butts on Saturday and since I've posted pics of them before, I decided not to take any photos this time. However, when my wife saw the pineapple upside-down cake that I made in the CG she said "you have got to take a picture of that".

It was cooked indirect with coals on both sides of the cast iron pan and 5 coals directly underneath.

Post Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:22 pm
d_holck well done
well done

Ohhh.

MAN!

That's good eat'n right there. Nicely done!
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:05 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

She's a wise woman! :D

I want some of THAT!

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:20 am
smokeybeaver well done
well done

That looks yummy. You have to post the recipe.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:28 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Smokenbrew, you're wife was right in telling you to take the picture. That's a great looking dessert! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:05 am
smokenbrew medium-well
medium-well

smokeybeaver wrote:

It's actually a recipe that I used to make in a dutch oven while camping. I picked up a nice cast iron chicken frying pan recently. It's deeper than a normal fry pan so I thought I'd try it for cake in the CG. It works great. Since the cake rises quite a bit while it cooks, a normal fry pan wouldn't work.

The recipe can be found here http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipe-upsidedowncake.htm

Make sure that you use a very well seasoned pan or you may have problems getting the cake out when you flip it.

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 am
tex_toby well done
well done

Yep - I could polish that off all by myself in one sitting. Looks GREAT!

tex 8)
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Char-Griller Wrangler w/Side-burner - My camping grill

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:11 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

smokenbrew wrote:
smokeybeaver wrote:

It's actually a recipe that I used to make in a dutch oven while camping. I picked up a nice cast iron chicken frying pan recently. It's deeper than a normal fry pan so I thought I'd try it for cake in the CG. It works great. Since the cake rises quite a bit while it cooks, a normal fry pan wouldn't work.

The recipe can be found here http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~papadutch/dutch-oven-recipe-upsidedowncake.htm

Make sure that you use a very well seasoned pan or you may have problems getting the cake out when you flip it.

Thank you!!!!

Return to General Discussion