Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What you Qing this weekend??

What you Qing this weekend??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:34 pm
Chris35 well done
well done

So anybody out there got big plans for qing this weekend? I'll start it off.

I have 20 lbs worth of butts rubbed and injected with some apple cider vinegar and apple juice going to hit the smokers around 6 tonight and cook until 195. These are going to be enjoyed at a party tomorrow night.
Large BGE
Char-Griller Pro/SFB

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:29 pm
KAL8080 medium-rare
medium-rare

Being that the high is only going to be twenty all weekend sadly nothing. Boy do i miss my smoker! :cry:

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:13 pm
nicneufeld well done
well done

Got a very small pork butt that I will smoke tomorrow, along with some chipotle moinkballs. The moinkballs for tomorrows army-navy game, the pork butt just to get it out of my freezer and kill two birds with one stone!
22" Weber Kettle One-Touch Gold w/ Smokenator
2009 18.5" WSM
Pro Q Cold Smoke Generator

Post Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:57 pm
Michigan Fats well done
well done

I got 4 chuck roasts and 5 lbs of polish sausage.

I am prepping them in about and hour and probably putting them on early tomorrow morning.
Al

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:08 am
ricktoyota73 medium
medium

KAL8080 wrote:
Being that the high is only going to be twenty all weekend sadly nothing. Boy do i miss my smoker! :cry:

Come on, man! Smoke and grill in the dead of winter and make your neighbors jealous. That's what I do! See, Michigan Fats is cookin' tomorrow, too! I have a couple pork butts going on tomorrow morning.

Chris...I posted in the link where you have the picture of your butts.
I will post my butts there, too. :shock:
Char-Griller Super Pro With Side Fire Box
Weber One Touch Silver 22 1/2"
Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:25 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Just got a call from my daughter saying that her mother-in-law got her hands on some fresh venison and wanted to see if I would bring a smoker to a local campground where they are spending the weekend to smoke some.

I'm thinking bringing the kettle with some charcoal & pecan chunks to grill indirect if we do it.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:52 am
Michigan Fats well done
well done

I got my Chargriller in late December and was up at 4 in the morning on Christmas Eve smoking...it ain't easy, but it is worth it.
Al

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:54 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

The end result definitely makes you forget about the weather conditions rather quickly :D
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 am
smokeybeaver well done
well done

I did some Hot Smoked Halibut from Ted Reader's Hot and Sticky BBQ. I plan to add the majority of it to a corn chowder. A little will go into a mashed potato recipe.

I also made a batch of Steven's Best BBQ Beans on the Planet.

And a batch of Guy Fiero's (Food Network) Goody Girl Championship potatoes.

I have marinating a Halibut Steak that will have grapefruit and avocado in the recipe. It is another Ted Reader recipe. It will go on the grill Saturday, hopefully with a few ABTs and my first attempt at moink balls.

I picked up the Danny Meyer cocktail cookbook from William Sonoma, and will make some winter mojitos for a beverage.

Lastly I will make my dog some treats from scratch from the Three Dog Bakery cookbook.

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:11 am
ricktoyota73 medium
medium

Michigan Fats, that's what I like. Hardcore, man!
Char-Griller Super Pro With Side Fire Box
Weber One Touch Silver 22 1/2"
Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:12 am
KAL8080 medium-rare
medium-rare

You guys are real troopers! Im one of those people who really hates the cold unfortunately. Maybe ill suck it up and give it a whirl. How big is the difference in fuel usage in cold temps?

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:41 am
Chris35 well done
well done

Two years ago I remember doing a cook and the temperature got down to 18 that night. I've said it before but I still believe my flames froze that night, man was it cold out tending the fire. But it was well worth it in the end.
Large BGE
Char-Griller Pro/SFB

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Chris35 wrote:
...I still believe my flames froze that night...

Frozen flames :shock: Now that's cold!!!!!!!!!!!!
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:56 pm
Trollby well done
well done

Doing Boneless country style ribs on Sunday.

I'll try to remember to get pictures this time.

Post Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:18 am
Michigan Fats well done
well done

It is 5:15am, Sunday Morning. I put 4 chuck roasts on last night at 9:30pm. About an hour ago, I put the Polish Sausage on. I was going to do this cook all day yesterday while I watched football, but some family stuff came up and I decided to put off the cook until yesterday evening. It is cold, windy and we got a couple of inches of snow yesterday. Needless to say, I am going through a lot od fuel, but I do have to say, my cimarron is holding temps quite well. I have been able to take two 2 hour naps and as soon as the sausage is done in an hour, I am going to get another 2 hours.

Breakfast plans are scrambled eggs and keilbasa. Lunch will be pulled beef sandwiches.
Al

Next

Return to General Discussion