Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am

Probably one of my all time favorite steakhouses is Jeff Ruby's Steak house in Cincinnati, OH. These steaks are off the chain. Very expensive, but worth in on special occasions (well for me anyway).

Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse
700 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:44 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, I like to cook! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:22 pm
towerdave raw
raw

I'll throw my two cents in. Here in the Metro East area by St. Louis, I like Texas Roadhouse in O'Fallon, and in Fairview Heights, IL is a local place, Lotawata Creek. If you like southern food and lots of it, stop by there. It's just off I-64. Their slogan is "This ain't no chain restaurant, we serve real food." :) Their ribeye is VERY good.

I don't have the cash to eat at Morton's or Ruth's Cris in Clayton, but I hear they are good. Also, on the Illinois side, there is a local place called Andria's that's supposed to be good, but I haven't tried it.

TD

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Dave!

Brad

Post Mon May 02, 2011 12:32 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

Need to add Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico (at the Venetian) in Las Vegas to my list. Probably the best Ribeye I've ever had.

Also in Las Vegas, the Golden Steer (although I had Prime Rib and not a steak). They have an 18 oz Ladies Cut and a 24 oz Men's Cut (the Diamond Jim). As I ordered the Prime Rib, the waiter placed a hand on my shoulder and asked 'Would you like the Ladies Cut, sir?' There was no way to be sitting across from the John Wayne booth and answer him with a 'yes'.
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Tue May 03, 2011 10:07 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

WPCatfish wrote:
Need to add Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico (at the Venetian) in Las Vegas to my list. Probably the best Ribeye I've ever had.

Also in Las Vegas, the Golden Steer (although I had Prime Rib and not a steak). They have an 18 oz Ladies Cut and a 24 oz Men's Cut (the Diamond Jim). As I ordered the Prime Rib, the waiter placed a hand on my shoulder and asked 'Would you like the Ladies Cut, sir?' There was no way to be sitting across from the John Wayne booth and answer him with a 'yes'.

+1 for Delmonico for sure. One of the best steakhouses I've ever been to in my life, and I eat there any time I'm in town.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat May 14, 2011 4:28 pm

definitely Johnny's in Omaha right near the stockyards.....melts in your mouth....a little heaven on earth!!

Post Mon May 30, 2011 10:08 am
Petals raw
raw

This is my first post, I am glad to be here.
Just wanted to say Thank you to Steven for the exellent advice he shared with us all at Cheftalk.
One of my favorite spots for steak in Montreal Canada is " La queue de Cheval ", and then " 40 Westt "

The steaks are aged to perfection and cooked to your taste.

If ever your in Montreal they are just great restaurants with impeccable service and excellent food.

Petals.
Just a thought,

Petals.

Post Mon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome aboard, Petals! I've heard of both of those restaurants, and I visit at least one of them each time I'm in town.

Post Mon May 30, 2011 10:03 pm
Petals raw
raw

Thank you for the welcome, its good to be here.

Petals.
Just a thought,

Petals.

Post Tue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And welcome to the board, kingbrad32! If I recall correctly I've had a few family members Stateside who have eaten at Johnny's and they say the same thing.

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I posted before about my best steak ever coming from Shula's in Philadelphia, but I had one last night that beat it!

Angus Barn - Raleigh, NC ~ Had the filet and it was fork tender! On the "rare" side of "Medium Rare" and it was so juicy and flavorful as well as the most tender steak I've ever had!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:35 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Favorite Steakhouse ... I don't know ... There are so many and I've probably been to over half of the places mentioned here.
Think the best was the ribeye at Gallagher's in Manhatten. Dry aged right in the restaurant for 21 days - seared to a nice crust on the outside - perfectly medium rare on the inside - very tender and flavorful.
My most memorable steak was at a place that no longer exists to serve steak - the lodge at Pokagon State Park near Angola, In. It's 1964, I'm 12 years old, I sold the most tickets on my CYO football team and won a trip to see Notre Dame play Pitt - we got the whole 9 yards - got to meet new coach Ara Parseghian (he actually went to high school with my Mom) and the Notre Dame team in the locker room before the game - don't remember the score but Notre Dame won. On the way back to Akron,Oh - we stopped for steak - a nice, thick, juicy porterhouse that filled the plate. After I moved to the Chicago area in 1976, I'd look for this place every time I'd drive back to Ohio and finally found it on a camping trip to Pokagon in 1983 but was disappointed to find they no longer served steak.
There's a place called Al's CharHouse in downtown LaGrange, IL. that serves a great steak - I've been there several times and have tried most steaks on their menu and have never been disappointed.
Every day chains - #1 the ribeye at Texas Roadhouse, #2 the sirloin at Outback, #3 any cut from Longhorn.
By the way - someone posted about Bear Creek, just south of Canton, Oh. and if anyone remembered it. Bear Creek was just south of Akron, Oh. Think it burned down some time in the 1980's. I remember the 6 lb. challenge but never attempted it. I do remember the ties on the walls and ceiling and that they did have good steaks at a good price.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
There's a place called Al's CharHouse in downtown LaGrange, IL. that serves a great steak - I've been there several times and have tried most steaks on their menu and have never been disappointed.

How long has Al's been in business? My wife grew up in LaGrange Park but I've never heard her or her parents mention it...I'll have to ask her about it.

Brad
Last edited by ScreamingChicken on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint