Board index Barbecue Board Primal Grill Planet Barbecue the TV series?

Planet Barbecue the TV series?

Talk about Steven's television show, Primal Grill

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:12 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, MB! We have a few German members here but they've been pretty quiet as of late.

The 3rd season of Primal Grill aired here in the USA earlier this year and episodes are still being rerun. I'll watch more closely the next time it's on to be sure, but I believe the recipes used in the show are from Planet Barbecue.

Brad

Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 am
QJuju well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
...I believe the recipes used in the show are from Planet Barbecue.Brad

This is true... the recipes are very similar, but the names are slightly different.

Med... you should look for Barbecue U. I am not sure if it is available in German, but it was also a good show from Steven.

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

To add to what the others have said, Season 3 is indeed based on Planet BBQ. Notice I said based on. Often the recipes he made on the TV show had slight or sometimes major variations from those in Planet BBQ. The variations were most often in the serving sizes, but they also would sometimes have variations in the ingredients or ingredient quantity. For example I made the Chicken Tikka Kebab recipe and the size of the chicken cubes were 1" in one recipe and 1 1/2" in the other. Bottom line: You often need to pick one recipe or the other to make.

Season 3 is also interesting in that it is the first one shot in HD and has behind the scenes shots mixed in to show some of the setup involved in making the show.

BBQ University ran here in the states on PBS (Public Broadcasting System) for 4 seasons between 2003-2006. It has recipes taken from BBQ Bible, BBQ USA and How to Grill. It shows up now and again on the Create Network here, which is a Cable TV network that airs many of the How to and Do it Yourself shows previously aired on PBS. There is a DVD that has some of the items he made on BBQU for sale here in the states. I don't know if it is available in a version compatible with your broadcast system.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:08 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

There's actually a petition on the board for full boxsets of both BBQ USA and Primal Grill - might be worth signing.... :D
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3771
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to Primal Grill