Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:55 am
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I wonder if the moderators or info have any ability or power to change a members name (per request) and them still keep all their info and rating and all that stuff.......if not it would be a good addition to the board, just in case members get tired of the same ole username
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:34 am
Codename Walrus User avatar
medium-rare
medium-rare

Is methodology important, do you think that "codename: walrus" has a deeper meaning? Perhaps, perhaps not.
...end of transmission...

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:05 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hotsauce-
Thats a good idea, but to my knowledge we don't.
Perhaps the almighty Info but not the moderators.
We do watch to make sure people aren't just posting for the purpose of upping their flame count. That doesn't help anyone and just wastes space. But Info is the enforcer.

Regardless Ironwulf, I like the name. Once you're known as something why change.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:11 am
cmcadams well done
well done

Grand Scale wrote:
We do watch to make sure people aren't just posting for the purpose of upping their flame count. That doesn't help anyone and just wastes space.

Is that a dig at me??? (just kidding)

My name means I've been online for way too long, and no longer seem to want to come up with something interesting... so I use one I can remember without fumbling through all the usernames I have all over the place.

So it either says I'm old or been around too long or I'm boring. Or all of the above.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:46 am
buttsmoker well done
well done

curt, I broke out of my norm. To the computer world 98% of the time I am known as jtstovall4 ie James (jim) Thomas Stovall IV. It was only natural that for this forum I am known as buttsmoker! Curt I don't think of you as old just 4 years more mature than me. Even though you are in the 40-49 group. :lol: :wink:
maybee I can keep up w/ two user names. :(

Jim
model 84 lang smoker

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:16 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Codename Walrus wrote:
Is methodology important, do you think that "codename: walrus" has a deeper meaning? Perhaps, perhaps not.
...end of transmission...
Ummm...that you're often seen barking and flopping on the beach? :lol:

Brad

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:27 am
cmcadams well done
well done

buttsmoker wrote:
curt, I broke out of my norm. To the computer world 98% of the time I am known as jtstovall4 ie James (jim) Thomas Stovall IV. It was only natural that for this forum I am known as buttsmoker! Curt I don't think of you as old just 4 years more mature than me. Even though you are in the 40-49 group. :lol: :wink:
maybee I can keep up w/ two user names. :(

Jim

Butt you see (see how I take your butt usage and use it against you???... comes from age and wisdom and being just plain mean!), when you get in the 40-49 age group, you lose the ability to remember more than one screen name/login, whatever... though I hate it when I sign into a site and find that cmcadams is already taken.. I've either already been there and my old timer's disease has afflicted my memory, or there are other cmcadams people out there (and there are some, I guess)... then I have to change to cemcadams!
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:47 am
weekend cook well done
well done

Ironwulf,

I may be off on a tangent so far that I am in the parking lot instead of left field. This post has nothing to do with BBQ, but you got me thinking last night about your screen name.

Sure there was no methodology, no "meaning" behind your name, but you know what?? After a while, you gave it meaning by being a part of this board. You have touched on the members in some little way. From your threads (how many times has this been viewed?) to your posts, to your cooking and sharing those experiences with us.

A similar situation occured with me last spring. I coached my sons tee ball team. At first kids calling me coach was just a title. But as the season wore on, the team got better, and we all had tons of fun, being called coach had new meaning. I had touched the lives of twelve 5 year olds and their families and created a lot of good memories. Seven of those parents requested their child be on my team this year. When I see those kids in the store, they say "Hi Coach", it means something a lot different now than last spring.

Same thing with "Ironwulf". At the beginning Ironwulf just sounded cool, now it is how we know you by and we all have some meaning, some experiences that we relate to it and you. Anyways, since I lost half of you, even if the administartor can change it, my vote is dont.
Louie aka Caveman Cooking Over Fire.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:03 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe I do have the power to change your usernames without disrupting your account, but I agree that it should only be done in the direst of circumstances. You've got a great name Ironwulf, and it is fun to know everyone by their "handle."

In fact, I think I would set up a number of tasks for you to successfully complete before I'd change it, like BBQ'ing 30 perfect wings, 1 porterhouse to order, and that you must develop a secret sauce. (I mean, yeesh, I've got to have some powers as site admin other than a unique ability to balance beer-can chicken . . .)

Info

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:22 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

Info@Workman wrote:
In fact, I think I would set up a number of tasks for you to successfully complete before I'd change it, like BBQ'ing 30 perfect wings, 1 porterhouse to order, and that you must develop a secret sauce.

Is there a time limit, or something to make this challenging????
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:45 pm
searcymanoffire well done
well done

Weekend Cook You Got me all sniffly teary eyed..

WE LOVE YOU IRON WULF Keep The Name.. Its a trade mark...
short story.. I bought into a pawn shop once... ran the partner off... Descided toChange the Name make it more My own .... Add Flavor...I did I made money.. But Lost money too.. for some folks are Just Dumb & won't stop because the names not the same....But That didnt fix it I then moved.. 2 times Changed The name completely.. Thought My customers will Know because I told them... Yes But What about the new customers...I took The term Pawshop completely Out....... Then I Moved again.... Changed formats.... & Lost Customers

The moral of the story is .. you have friends (CUSTOMERS0 Who Like You for who you are ( Ie what I sold & did) & when You change You Loose some & strip Newones from ever knowing When I pulled Pawn from the title I all But stopped Loaning money.. that was My Butter... so Don't Cheat Future Posters from Getting to Know Iron Wulf...
Its a cool Name Like a SUPER HERO Keep The Nomeclature

Smoke in your eyes only Burns if it ain't from a smoker

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:19 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Info, I want to change mine to "leatherneck."

If you do that for me I'll fill that order for ya'. Of course it depends on what your definition of "perfect" is.
Last edited by Leatherneck on Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:18 pm
Combustis Maximus well done
well done

My daughter was taking Latin a few years ago and, since we like to play with words, we started giving things Latin sounding names. Our youngest, named Trina, became Trinimus Minimus for example.

So when I decided to join this board I thought I would do the Latin thing and come up with something that sounded slightly pretentious. Hopefully it comes across with a little humor as intended since I don't know diddly about barbecueing.

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:24 am
Vinsect well done
well done

Combustis Maximus, I love that name.

Stickman, I immediately thought of King Crimson when I saw the pic you posted. Is it Fripp that plays that instrument? I'm a big fan of Adrian Balew. Glad there's another 21st Century Schizoid Man in the group.

Ironwulf, I like the name too. Did you ever find a design for your steak branding iron? I think the wolf paw-print idea was great.
If it aint broke, Break it!
Then rebuild it better.

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:17 am
Rump Roast rare
rare

I don't have a clue on why I chose this name. :oops: It sounded funny to me at the time and I don't have any experience with rump roast yet.
It reminded me of American Pie 2 when Jim was stressing out because Nadia was coming back to see him for a specific reason. He said that Nadia will be expecting filet mignon from him and all he can give her is rump roast. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion