Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Char-Griller Family

The Char-Griller Family

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 am
mbshop well done
well done

check this for a rotis setup on the duo.
http://www.mybbq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10520
george
spam, can't live without it.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:19 am
mbshop well done
well done

i know it would be a pain but couldn't folks, etc go back in members files and check for their old posts that were directed here ?
george

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:08 pm
Ynot rare
rare

George, Bummer that the spit rod still hit the smoke box. I wonder if this could be reversed to the other side?? Assuming of course, that one wouldn't be using the gas side for the time being and if the motor would clear the gas side altogether?? I'd love to smoke while using a rotisserie.
Char Griller Trio
Smokey Joe
Microwave

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:27 pm
Ynot rare
rare

I have a rib rack that only suits 6 racks. Any tricks on where to put an additional 2? I may only have room to lay one more down on the grill. How could I stand up two more and with what? Got pics?

Also normally cooking 3-2-1, as far as #2 how would I be laying down the 8 foil wrapped racks? In a stepped pattern, slightly overlapping them onto each other? Would it matter if I used my gas side for half? I'm only assuming that there'd be no noticeable taste difference. Any reason I cannot I use the Lincoln Log method for stacking the foiled up ribs?

Thanks for any help.
Char Griller Trio
Smokey Joe
Microwave

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:15 am
Ynot rare
rare

deleted
Char Griller Trio
Smokey Joe
Microwave

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:24 am
mbshop well done
well done

ynot , sorry for the late reply on the rotis. i see no reason for you to not be able to design what will fit what you need. i personally don't see a need to use the sfb while using the rotiss. but if that is what you want then reverse the install. only thing will be that you will have to have the gas side lid up. course you could always set up a gear/chain drive setup from underneath that would come up between the two grills !
george

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:32 am
redrum801 rare
rare

Breaks my heart to not see the chargriller not get any love on here any more :( , I know the site went down and the old thread was lost , but where everybody go ?? Jump to another site ? I got a smoke planned next week originally was gonna make a small pig , but I'll think I'll start small make a brisket and maybe some ribs , I'll post pictures on here :)

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 pm
HoosierTrooper medium-well
medium-well

I became infatuated with my WSM's, I have both an 18.5 and a 22.5, and got away from using my CG for a couple years but recently decided to clean it up and start using it again. I've been away from here for awhile and came back looking for the old thread and like you was sad to see it was gone.

While I still really like the Weber's I've knocked out a few good smokes on the CG recently and plan on using it more.

redrum801 wrote:
Breaks my heart to not see the chargriller not get any love on here any more :( , I know the site went down and the old thread was lost , but where everybody go ?? Jump to another site ? I got a smoke planned next week originally was gonna make a small pig , but I'll think I'll start small make a brisket and maybe some ribs , I'll post pictures on here :)
If there's no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I too became hooked on using the WSM, but I still use my Char-Griller as a regular grill. But I miss seeing all the posts of mods and food. I know I have not been visiting here as much, but I will try to post more actively, and post some food pics.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Sirsmokealot!

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm
dwfII medium
medium

Has anyone seen the new chargriller "egg"? has anyone cooked on it?
In the high desert of Central Oregon
DWFII
CGPro w/sfb
WSM
Weber kettle
wishing for: Vicmarc 200

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:36 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

dwfII wrote:
Has anyone seen the new chargriller "egg"? has anyone cooked on it?

Do you mean the Kamado? It seems to be enjoying some good reviews. Not only that, there are predictions it will make for serious competition with the "Big Green Egg."
Got beer???

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:32 am
Old Smoker well done
well done

This guy has done some really good vids about different cookers,here's the AKORN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWZ7h-a ... e=youtu.be
22.5 WSM - Chargriller - Traeger Texas
I cook to eat not to compete

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:33 pm
Gryder25 raw
raw

Hello everyone! Just got on this message board cause I just picked up a Super Pro and had no idea of the things you can do with it. Glad to see what you all are doing and plan on fixing up my grill. Just picked up the rotisserie and can't wait to use it. Side fire box is next then the gas burner.

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:57 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, since outdoor temps up here are solidly below the freezing mark I don't have anything to post on my CG Outlaw upgrades yet. However, I'm making a few changes come springtime and they should improve it a lot. The new paint job worked well, at least. :D

I finally found a big enough rotisserie for it but the guy had no motor. So thus begins yet another search.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion