Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Valentine Meal Help

Valentine Meal Help

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:30 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I suggestied an idea to my wife and she loved it. We'll lay down a blanket on the living room floor to picnic, and I will grill Bistecca a la Fiorentina using the fireplace. What would be the best way to do this? I plan on using a porterhouse.The tough part is that there isn't a chimney for our gas fireplace, but the gas logs are designed for that. What would be the best way to cook this? Also, if anyone has made this before, is there anything I should be prepared for?

Thanks!

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:40 pm
Ironwulf well done
well done

I assume you're using Steven's new indoor grilling book. If you're not, I would recommend looking there first. I don't have it myself, so I can't say for sure if it will answer your question or not.

Just a thought.

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:58 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

If you have a vent free fireplace, I wouldn't cook on it. I have 2 of them, and I'm always cautious of what fumes are still being put off by them. I think some places don't even allow them. I'd at least call a place that deals with them before trying to cook using them.
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:19 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

If all esle fails I have other options. I can get one of those mini gas grills bnext to us, or have one just outside the door. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:11 am
weekend cook well done
well done

I would go electric if you are going to have it indoors. Propane produces carbon dioxide.
Louie aka Caveman Cooking Over Fire.

Post Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:18 am
TerpDave rare
rare

I'm curious as to why you are cooking indoors. Is there something that prevents you from firing up the grill and throwing the steak on there?

If you have to do it inside, I'd make sure to have a sturdy rack or grate for cooking. The last thing you want is that beautiful steak falling down on to the burners
"Hmmmm this IS a tasty Burger"

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:10 am
Leatherneck well done
well done

I agree with TerpDave. Lay a blanket out back and look at the stars while you've got that steak on the grill. It doesn't get any more romantic than that. 8)

Of course i have no idea what the weather's like out there. :)

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You guys are right. And when your right, you're right. And you're right. I think we'll move it outside.

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:28 pm
weekend cook well done
well done

If you gonna lay on a blanket outside, you could always rent one of those propane heaters and still look up at the stars. Of course your grill can also act as a heat source. :D

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:44 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Who needs a heat source if your laying on a blanket star gazing? :D

Post Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:58 pm
weekend cook well done
well done

WHOA!! :shock:

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:05 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Hey now! My wife is 8 months pregnant. I meant you have the blanket to keep you warm. :wink:

Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:15 pm
cmcadams well done
well done

wlfpkrcn wrote:
Hey now! My wife is 8 months pregnant. I meant you have the blanket to keep you warm. :wink:

Is that maybe how she got that way in the first place??? Watch out for that stargazing!
Curt M
Bucky McOinkum's BBQ
Website
Blog

Return to General Discussion