Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Pork-N-More (Greensburg, IN)

Pork-N-More (Greensburg, IN)

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:47 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I made a quick Indy trip two weeks ago. Me and my 3 year old grandson - our first "guys only" road trip. Got there mid-afternoon Saturday and left mid-afternoon Sunday. No time to go to Greensburg. Made my infamous grilled bologna sandwiches for the family while there.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:51 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Jeff, it looks like I'll be passing through Greensburg on Thursday, August 23.

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:54 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

So is the plan to still meet up and go to Pork-N-More for lunch that day? If so what time do you plan on being around town and I will make arrangements to work from home that day and take the afternoon as vacation time
Jeff,
Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker - TBD
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:59 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Screamingchicken, GRILLINgrandpa8 is also around this area and he may also join us that day, he is just about an hour or so south of Greensburg. Maybe we can get some others around this area to join in as well and make it big old meet and greet
Jeff,
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:04 pm
HoosierTrooper medium-well
medium-well

My work schedule is pretty flexible and I've got a couple things to do in Greensburg so tentatively I'll be there unless something unexpected comes up.
If there's no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

sounds good to me, I will make arrangements so I get to work from home that day so I can make it for sure,
Jeff,
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am
BBQ Deputy

jhumpert wrote:
So is the plan to still meet up and go to Pork-N-More for lunch that day? If so what time do you plan on being around town and I will make arrangements to work from home that day and take the afternoon as vacation time

Pork-N-More for sure, and also either Storie's or Trackside for a tenderloin! Since I'll be coming from Nashville it won't take me long at all to get there, and I don't need to be in Ohio until 6 so hopefully Greensburg has other attractions besides the tree. :lol: I could even get an early start and catch breakfast somewhere along the way, too ("Roadfood" is one of my other interests).

jhumpert wrote:
Screamingchicken, GRILLINgrandpa8 is also around this area and he may also join us that day, he is just about an hour or so south of Greensburg. Maybe we can get some others around this area to join in as well and make it big old meet and greet

The more the merrier, especially if it allows us to sample more local fare. Hopefully my 2 friends from Indy and Muncie will be able to make it as well.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Sounds like a plan.
Jeff,
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm
BBQ Deputy

On Thursday I met up with Jhumpert, his wife Tammy, HoosierTrooper, and my friend Bob from a different board. Pork-N-More has the necessary items to cook barbecue:
Image Image

I ordered the brisket, beans, and mac & cheese.
Image Image

I thought my lunch was pretty good. The meat came with plenty of bark (almost too much, which is the opposite of what usually happens to me) and the macaroni had a mild flavor, but what I really liked were the beans because of the slightly peppery flavor and bits of meat.

And it's always good to be able to meet up with other board members!

Greensburg is known for the tree in its city hall tower. As I was standing in the parking lot waiting for the others to arrive I was wondering where it might be, and when I happened to turn around there it was!

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 am
HoosierTrooper medium-well
medium-well

Definitely a lot of fun meeting up with you guys, and gal. I agree, the beans were very good, as was the brisket sandwich.
If there's no such thing as a stupid question, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask?

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint