Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Favorite Steakhouse?

Favorite Steakhouse?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:17 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

To my knowlege Al's CharHouse has been in downtown LaGrange since at least the mid-1990's.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Just spent another evening at "Bern's Steakhouse" in Tampa, FL and it was WONDERFUL!!! Just moved up to the BEST that I've EVER had!!!

I had the Châteaubriand (42oz) for 5 and it was the most flavorful and tender steak that I've EVER had!!!

Been to Ruth's Chris, Shula's, Vinnie's, Flemmings, Angus Barn (Raleigh, NC) and MANY more, but Bern's is the BEST!!! JMHO.
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
I had the Châteaubriand (42oz) for 5 and it was the most flavorful and tender steak that I've EVER had!!!

How many people were with you? :wink:

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:20 am

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Another_Q_Lover wrote:

How many people were with you? :wink:

We had 5 (2 men and 3 women), and we had about 1/3 of the 42 oz left over! Served along with baked potato, snow-peas, carrot strips, onion rings (strings), and rolls as well as salad. LOTS of food!
Tom
CMJ-KCBS
CBJ-MBN,NCBS,NCPC,NCBBQA
Pitmaster-"4 Lil' Pigs" BBQ Team"
Author-"A 'Q' Review"

Re:

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:05 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

sharky wrote:
I absolutely LOVE Charley's Steak House. I first went to the one in Orlando, FL and have since become a regular at the one in Tampa. It's hands down the best steak join I have ever Been too!

Was it called Chief Charley's or something like that and did they have one in Tarpon Springs by the sponge docks? If so I have a funny (Not funny in Dad's eyes) story about that. My grandparents were very tight and could make a penny scream for air and dad drove a truck for a living and got a run to Florida and took mom with him this run and they were going to stop at the grandparents while there. The night they arrived grandpa went to take them out to dinner and they went to Chief or cheap Charley's there at Tarpon Springs and dad was thinking all right he is going to spend some money tonight. Well to make the story short they parked, walked inside and grandpa (who wasnt quiet at all) announces "Well take a sniff that is all we can afford from this place" then took a sniff and walked out and drove across the street to checkers.
Jeff,
Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker - TBD
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:07 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

I think the best steak or prime rib I have ever had was a place called Tom's Steakhouse I do believe in Chicago.
Jeff,
Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie Pellet Smoker - TBD
Pit Barrel Cooker- Barry

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:31 pm
scorched_porch User avatar
well done
well done

Chicago Chop House. Went there on Business once. Had a ball and a great Steak.
http://www.chicagochophouse.com/
Argentine Grill
WSM, Pit Barrel Cooker
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 am
BBQ Deputy

I'll bet you were glad to be able to claim it as a business expense! :lol:

Post Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

In Miami, I vote for Prime 112. In Los Angeles, I raise my fork for Cut. (The latter is run by Wolfgang Puck. They grill the steaks over natural lump charcoal, then finish them under a military strength broiler a la Peter Luger's). In the Napa Valley, I like Press. Tomorrow I'll tell you some of my favorite steak places overseas.

SR
Attachments
steak on gas grill w nice fire.jpg
steak on gas grill w nice fire.jpg (3.21 MiB) Viewed 2660 times

Post Wed May 08, 2013 8:39 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

My favorite is St. Elmo's in Indianapolis. Their steak is unreal but their cocktail sauce for shrimp cocktail is Legen----wait for it----dary :)

Post Wed May 08, 2013 10:26 am
BBQ Deputy

Some year on my annual Ohio trip I'm going to bite the bullet and visit St. Elmo!

Post Thu May 09, 2013 3:02 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Some year on my annual Ohio trip I'm going to bite the bullet and visit St. Elmo!

We are going there for Mother's Day this Sunday! Can't wait! I'll give you a hint every August they do this thing called Devour Downtown in Indianapolis and St. Elmo particpates in it...For 35 dollars you get either a wedge salad or their shrimp cocktail (3 large shrimp), a 6 oz Filet or Salmon and 3 desserts to choose from...It's an absolute steal!

Post Tue May 14, 2013 2:04 pm
drew3rd raw
raw

So many great places on here. Love Peter Lugar's, RC, Charley's, Morton's. Obviously Gallagher's in NYC is a great one as well. One of my favorite, little known, high end chains is Shula's. I've eaten at the one in Philly a dozen times and it is always excellent.
Kirk Maberry

Post Wed May 15, 2013 1:15 pm
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Drew/Kirk!

Post Wed May 15, 2013 2:03 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Yes... Welcome aboard!

I like this little hole in the wall place called Juju's. :mrgreen: :oops: The atmosphere is awful and the cook is as mean as a snake, but the foods OK. :lol:

Seriously... my favorite place is Ruth's Chris even though it needs a singular name. And, I suppose I wouldn't be allowed to keep my Louisville card if I didn't mention Del Frisco's here. The place with 2 names is still my favorite. Oh... and Pat's too. Morton's is really good as well.

Maybe I just like all steak... :cow: :drunk: :drool: Not Golden Corral... definitely not Golden Corral.

PreviousNext

Return to Best BBQ Joint