Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion What music do YOU 'que to?

What music do YOU 'que to?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat May 18, 2013 10:17 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Barbecue has inspired a lot of great music over the years. These days I'm stomping my feet to "My Baby Loves BBQ" by Chris Cassone. To read all about the corporate team builder-turned-musician and his 2700-mile odyssey along America' barbecue and to listen to his tune, click here: http://barbecuebible.com/2013/05/14/the ... ZeGxpU5tlI

What's YOUR favorite music to 'que to?

Post Sat May 18, 2013 1:29 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I know a lot of my neighbors are into the Country and Western when they grill, but for me it's anything but. I grill to classic rock, a lot of electric blues, and heavy alternative rock. My "Grilling Playlist" (and yes, I actually have one) leans heavily on Stevie Ray Vaughan, Omar and the Howlers, The Black Keys, The Sheepdogs, and the Recollection Blues Band (my old band).

But no Top 40 dance tunes, please. I actually took the keys away from a guest once because she refused to stop blaring her dance mixes on her truck stereo. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

I don't as a rule have any music to listen to when grilling etc. Not opposed to it, just have to turn the Country and Western too loud for the area. But, if I had a Bayou Classic cooker, I think I'd have to play that classic by CCR "Down on the Bayou". :roll:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 am
QJuju well done
well done

My favorite is the birds and the trees. :D

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:06 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Since my grills are located away from the house I'm in same boat as Qjuju - the sounds of nature and farm machinery for the most part. The one exception is if it's Saturday, in which case a radio might be outside and tuned to "Saturday at the '70s" on one of the local stations. And for non-music noise it's tough to beat a baseball game.

Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm
sroach well done
well done

My set up is right behind the garage, Radio is always blasting some Alternative Music.

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Little Feat
Steely Dan
John Hiatt
Joe Bonamassa
SRV
Loggins & Messina
String Cheese Incident
Wilco
Tommy Emmanuel
Elvis Costello
Stan Kenton
Dave Brubek

I'm all over the place.
(also depends on the time of day/night)
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue May 21, 2013 6:03 pm
mayhem raw
raw

Neil young, canned heat,zz top,Bowie or anything that makes you feel GUD!

Post Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

Am I the only metal head? Old school metal and hardcore punk :twisted:

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Pretty much a little bit of everything, anything. So long as it is not dissonant! Usually it's pre-90's rock from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I've also been known to play either my classical or 12-string guitars on occasion. :D
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:20 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Seattle-Q wrote:
Am I the only metal head? Old school metal and hardcore punk :twisted:

I can go there, SQ. :) 8)
Got beer???

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 am
Griffin well done
well done

Usually its just the sounds of nature (and my dogs barking) cuz I'm too lazy to go get the radio. If I do get it and I'm by myself, probably some punk. If the Mrs. is around, its more likely Texas country or Outlaw country (we don't do that Nashville stuff).

Post Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 am

I'm a classic rock, alternative and Heavy Metal sort of guy on most occasions. But for some reason on a warm Saturday night with the grill or smoker goin I enjoy the oldies especially doo wop. This of corse all takes a back seat if my beloved Phillies are on the radio.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am
sroach well done
well done

rumblefish97 wrote:
I'm a classic rock, alternative and Heavy Metal sort of guy on most occasions. But for some reason on a warm Saturday night with the grill or smoker goin I enjoy the oldies especially doo wop. This of corse all takes a back seat if my beloved Phillies are on the radio.

YES!!!! I knew I liked you Rumblefish!!!!

Post Fri May 24, 2013 12:10 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I'm pretty eclectic, but I love the acoustic albums from Dave and Tim (Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds)...Probably my favorite duo. Also a big fan of Jason Mraz and Jason Aldean (see what I mean about being eclectic?) :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Next

Return to General Discussion