Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Northenredneck wrote:
My user name is Northenredneck. My wife gave it to me after we moved from Connecticut to Florida. I went from basic grilling to grilling/smoking. She thought I had turned into a redneck cause I spent all my time outside at the grill or smoker. I was cooking outdoors 3-5 times a week. Nothing wrong with that is there? I must have been doing something right cause the neighbors were always hollering over the fence asking if I had enough for company.

And a big welcome from me to you, too, Northernredneck! :heart: your story about your neighbors! :lol: :cheers:
Got beer???

jayeffel well done
well done

I haven't read through the entire thread to see what everyone wrote-saw some familiar names and the reasons for them. Mine- my initials written out-JFL :bbq:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

sroach well done
well done

Mine is on the same lines.. first initial, last name steveroach=sroach. :lol:

mayhem raw
raw

God bless all you folks in Moore, Oklahoma .

Greetings from Essex ,UK.

I took my name from a David Bowie song, big brother.

' we'll build a glass asylum,
with just a hint of mayhem'.

I love Bowies music. Have done for over 40 years.

Lets get grilling.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Woohoo!-- Our new buddy from the UK. Welcome, Mayhem! I'm a big Bowie fan, too... "Major Tom," "Little China Girl," "Fame," "Golden Years," etc. Yeah, he's superstar. Rock on, Grill on, Mayhem! :cheers:
Got beer???

QJuju well done
well done

Welcome aboard Mayhem... I was on another forum with quite a few members from the UK and they turned out some seriously boss Q. Cant wait to see what you put together.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Mayhem!

Hi everyone, just popping in to say hello from (snowy) Scotland!!

Real name Angela and kitchenangel came about 10 years back and I have just stuck to it for familiarity.

Ang x

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kitchenangel wrote:

Real name Angela and kitchenangel came about 10 years back and I have just stuck to it for familiarity.

Ang x

Welcome aboard, Kitchenangel! I lived in Dundee for just under 2 years, so I know what you mean about the weather! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Crikey! Dundee?? *small world*

They have closed the snow gates over the lecht today. It is May isn't it? *double checks calender*

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kitchenangel wrote:
Crikey! Dundee?? *small world*

They have closed the snow gates over the lecht today. It is May isn't it? *double checks calender*

The last I checked, it's 3/4 of the way to June. But don't worry - it's been quite a cold year for a lot of us. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Kitchenangel wrote:

Ang x

Fantastic! Hello & Big Welcome, Kitchenangel! :cheers:

As soon as I realized you are from Scotland, the desire came to me for Shepherd's (or Cottage) Pie! Mmmm... comfort food. Anyway, I hope you find your experiences here warming ones!
Got beer???

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Kitchenangel! We'd love to hear your stories about grilled haggis! :wink:

wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Welcome aboard Kitchenangel :cheers:

KJUNQUE rare
rare

Hello everyone from The Heart Of Acadiana. I'm happy to be on board. I would like to thank beercuer for telling me about this forum. I hope I can expand my cueing skills and maybe contribute something to the forum. I guess it's not hard to figure out my username. It's a play on my heritage as a Cajun from south Louisiana. My family has been in this area for generations and I have spent my whole life here. Louisiana is kind of a no mans land of barbecue without any strong traditions. I guess that's why I usually try to put a Cajun spin on what I cook. Don't get me wrong I love to try to recreate a Texas brisket or some pulled pork from North Carolina or any other regional specialty. well that's enough rambling for now. I hope to meet everyone as time goes along.
My Friends Call Me KJ.

Cajun Grill
WSM 22.5
Homemade UDS
Crown Verity Gas Grill
Sausage Maker Smokehouse

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion