Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rib etiquette

Rib etiquette

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Sorry if this seems a bit of a daft question, but if you do a rack of ribs, do you cut them up before serving or serve on the rack??

Just wondering cos we had these on Sunday and I thought they looked a bit ungainly on the plate....

Apologies if I have committed a terrible serving faux pas :D :D :D

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Around my house all that is required is getting them on the plate! :lol: However, for the ladies who hold them a bit more delicate I cut them into 2 bone sections. :)

Nothing beats a pigsicle!

Post Tue May 28, 2013 3:49 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I usually cut them into single- or two-rib portions. This keeps the rabid carnivores at my table from injuring each other when they try to tear the ribs apart. :twisted:

But you can also serve the rack whole, or cut in half, or whatever you like.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I also break them down. If it's just me and Mrs. Chicken I'll just split the rack in 2 or 3 pieces and let her break it down further if she wants, but if others are eating with us I'll cut the ribs individually. This way people can take what they want, and it helps keep sharp knives out of the hands of the guests. :wink:

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 am
Griffin well done
well done

I usually cut them into 2 bone sections just so they are easier to handle although there is nothing wrong with a slab or half slab of ribs. Yours look great. I think I'm going to do some ribs this weekend.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 pm
sroach well done
well done

+1 on what Griff said.. +2 on the awesome looking ribs!!!

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:37 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

The minute you serve ribs, you are exempt from faux pas. I present the racks whole, then carve them into 2 bone sections. You folks ROCK! SR

Return to General Discussion