Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion new show-- for me

new show-- for me

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:13 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

I've watched a few hours of BBQ Pitmasters this evening, had not heard of it before. I guess you need an attitude to be a competitive BBQer! :roll:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Thu May 30, 2013 8:12 am
Griffin well done
well done

I watched the Texas episode last night (got a few others DVR'ed for later). I always feel like something is lacking, I expect more. 10 hours to start a fire, cook a brisket and let it rest before serving? Come on. And they only show them cooking one, but I swear if you look closely at times, you can see evidence of more (like when Lockhart pulled their finished brisket out of the cooler where it was resting, there was more in there or when somebody was about to slice their brisket I think they didn't edit very well and you can see another one in the bottom left corner for 1/2 a second.) Not to mention who they chose. I've heard of Lockhart Smokehouse (its here in Dallas BTW), and vaguely think I've heard of Buzzy, but Burnt Bean Co? Never heard of them. Oh well, it was amusing and made the night pass. Also made me want to fire up my smoker and start a brisket around 9:30pm. :D

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

I believe I saw the man representing Burnt Bean Co. on Chopped- BBQ once. I think he may have won. I saw several episodes, kind of funny that cooking is now competitive- I guess everything is now. :bbq:
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Thu May 30, 2013 3:20 pm
wiseguy User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

I watch the show. I'm a fan it also helps motivate me to go out to the yard and cook. Last summer I kind of lost the passion for grilling and BBQ. Also my son is 12 he won't sit and watch a baseball or football game from start to finish but he will sit there with his eyes wide open watching Pit Masters or any other cooking show. So when he turns to me and says dad lets try that how can I say no :D

Post Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

It may become a favorite-I enjoy watching and reading about BBQ; don't really have much chance myself. When I have the time the money has gone and vice versa. Do have a date to make smoked baked beans this weekend. :cheers:
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Return to General Discussion