Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Who Watches TV Show MasterChef?

Who Watches TV Show MasterChef?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:49 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Pardon me, I just have to ask this question. I do. I imagine if I took it too seriously, I might be put off by it somewhat ( I can see why some of you may not like it). But it's almost like the cartoons to me. And the challenges sometimes are preposterously funny (You want me to do what with that???). Once in a while, they even do great cookouts, like last year, I believe, they grilled up an incredible amount of ribeyes and such. :D :bbq:
Got beer???

Post Thu May 30, 2013 4:28 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, I haven't seen it yet but the new HDPVR satellite system gets installed tomorrow so I'll record a few and see.... :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 am
Griffin well done
well done

We watch it. I've wondered since Season 1 if there isn't stuff going on behind the scenes they don't tell us. Like they are giving them cooking lessons. It wasn't really believable that on the one episode that all those home cooks knew how to make a soufle. How many people do you know that can make a soufle just by memory alone? I think they were told ahead of time and coached a bit on that one. Just me $0.02. Take it for what its worth. I can say that there are some heated things going on between the contestants this season.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 12:31 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

CharredGriller wrote:
Well, I haven't seen it yet but the new HDPVR satellite system gets installed tomorrow so I'll record a few and see.... :D

Sorry - no PVR today. I actually wound up dumping my satellite provider instead because they suggested I go cut down my neighbor's trees to get a decent signal. :shock:

My new satellite provider says they'll be out in 2 weeks to install a new dish and PVR (and they cost a bit less too) so I'll be checking out this show then. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:12 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
We watch it. I've wondered since Season 1 if there isn't stuff going on behind the scenes they don't tell us. Like they are giving them cooking lessons. It wasn't really believable that on the one episode that all those home cooks knew how to make a soufle. How many people do you know that can make a soufle just by memory alone? I think they were told ahead of time and coached a bit on that one. Just me $0.02. Take it for what its worth. I can say that there are some heated things going on between the contestants this season.

And together we have 4 cents... I getcha, Griff. And phew!, yeah, talk about bitter vile rivalry.

CG wrote:
Sorry - no PVR today. I actually wound up dumping my satellite provider instead because they suggested I go cut down my neighbor's trees to get a decent signal.

My new satellite provider says they'll be out in 2 weeks to install a new dish and PVR 9and they cost a bit less too) so I'll be checking out this show then.

Rats! But it looks/sounds like it worked out all for the better. Cut your neighbor's trees. Yeah, right-- sure he'd appreciate that.

Meanwhile, you can catch up with watching it online here if you're so inclined, CG http://www.fox.com/masterchef/ :D
Got beer???

Return to General Discussion