Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Hadn't seen this yet, has potential for me...

Hadn't seen this yet, has potential for me...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
TheRod medium
medium

Posts: 130
Location: West central IN

I hadn't seen this until tonight. It's char-griller kamado meets weber performer. I might have to do this, since I am on the verge of getting a char-griller kamado anyway.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Griller-King-Griller-47-in-Rolling-Charcoal-Kamado-with-Cart-6520/204151650?N=bx8hZ97r
22" Performer

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7131
Location: Stoughton, WI
There are a couple of those here on the board, IIRC.

I don't know who wrote the description on Home Depot's website but some editing is sorely needed:

"The innovate design, with Mulled Patents Pending, utilizes double walled steel with insulin that creates a lighter weight alternate to the heavy and fragile ceramic kamados."

What's a "mulled" patent? And insulin can be used for building a grill as well as dealing with diabetes? Who knew!! :lol:

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5697
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
ScreamingChicken wrote:
There are a couple of those here on the board, IIRC.

I don't know who wrote the description on Home Depot's website but some editing is sorely needed:

"The innovate design, with Mulled Patents Pending, utilizes double walled steel with insulin that creates a lighter weight alternate to the heavy and fragile ceramic kamados."

What's a "mulled" patent? And insulin can be used for building a grill as well as dealing with diabetes? Who knew!! :lol:


I read that and it totally cracked me up!

I'm not a big fan of "double-walled steel" with insulin, insulation, or anything else for that matter. The "heavy and fragile" ceramic lining of the higher-end kamados like the Primo and BGE is what gives a lot of thermal mass to the grill, and that's one of the things that makes these units so efficient.

And yes - I've been doing a ton of research lately on kamado-style grills, clay ovens, tandoori ovens, and similar products and that's what I always come up with. :D

EDIT: As for the 700 degree sear temps, a good ceramic sear burner on your gasser can do that. The sear burner on the Weber Summit S-670 can go even hotter, and just for comparison, a CI grate on a hot chimney full of lump charcoal can hit at least 950 degrees (which is what I measured mine at the last time I cooked a chimney steak).
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

QJuju well done
well done

Posts: 1915
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

The content manager probably dictated the ad from an iPad! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Image

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5697
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
QJuju wrote:
The content manager probably dictated the ad from an iPad! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:


Yeah - so much for the "auto-correct" function! But even so, how'd they get "mulled"??? :twisted: :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

scorched_porch User avatar
medium-well
medium-well

Posts: 254
Location: Redwood City, California

My favorite part:

"With the Akorn as insulated design, it retains heat beer, requiring less heat and less air flow. "

It retains Heat Beer? Sign me up.
Wood Fired Argentine Parrilla
22.5 WSM
http://thequinchoproject.wordpress.com/

Image

beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Posts: 2268
Location: Southern Californy
scorched_porch wrote:
My favorite part:

"With the Akorn as insulated design, it retains heat beer, requiring less heat and less air flow. "

It retains Heat Beer? Sign me up.

Image
Got beer???

jayeffel well done
well done

Posts: 318
Location: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Quite possibly the information was written by a person with original language of oriental persuasion. Or a high school graduate of the US with current education system failure. :roll:
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

QJuju well done
well done

Posts: 1915
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

CharredGriller wrote:
But even so, how'd they get "mulled"??? :twisted: :twisted:


Well... in Louisville, where we say loovul, it is possible for multiple to come out mulled! :shock: :twisted: :lol:
Image


Return to General Discussion