Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Naked Ground Charles Hamburgers

Naked Ground Charles Hamburgers

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:15 am
QJuju well done
well done

There have been several posts recently of wonderfully delicious burgers and this shows not only the skill of this group, but the versatitlity of the humble hamburger. We love a good burger and make them frequently. I usually dont take pictures as they are just burgers, but this time I thought I would share what Missus Juju and I have come to crave in the burger world.

We started with some freshly ground antibiotic-free organic ground Charles and I made a big and a small burger with a dimple in the middle. Sorry... no raw pics. Grilled mushrooms and onions are almost always part of the cook, sometimes bacon, and there is never a bun on a naked burger. I also wanted to try something different so I cut a turnip like steak fries to be grilled to go with my burger. I tossed them in canola oil and seasoned well with my seasoned salt. I grilled them for about 30 minutes turning frequently. Quite tasty, but still turnips, so if you like turnips give them a go. If you do not, you should try new things occasionally. :D

Onions and mushrooms were prepared in the house while I worked the turnips and burgers outside. I also had a romaine salad with Cindy's sun-dried tomato dressing and shredded Manchego cheese.

You know I had some mustard close by!

Don't be afraid to give a bun-less burger a go... you may be surprised at how much more the burger flavor stands out when not tucked inside a small loaf of bread. :twisted: Either way enjoy a good burger! :cow:

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:24 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

A burger that is that good doesn't need the bun. Besides, with all of those toppings I think it would break the bun anyway. :twisted:

Thankis for the pics, Qjuju! I think I might even try turnips like that too.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

This is what I like to see-- wonderful creation there, Qjuju! "Chucky gets lucky." What kind of mustard this time? You know, your bunless rendition reminds me of one of my old classic comfort favs, the Salisbury steak. No kidding, sometimes, the bun is best left out of the picture! :D :bbq:
Got beer???

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:18 am
sroach well done
well done

Q that is one fine looking burgy!!! How did you do the onions? They look more roasted then grilled.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:15 am
QJuju well done
well done

BC... The mustard this time was the McIlhenny brand like the other pic I posted just the coarse ground Dijon instead of the Spicy Brown. It's is tasty too, but less spicy as the name would imply.

Sr... Mrs. Juju did the onions. Simple cook with butter in a skillet. She is a bit more gentle than I am with onions. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words! You know I really do not miss the bun. Sounds weird to me to even say that as much as I used to like them. I just don't like it anymore.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:12 am
sroach well done
well done

QJuju wrote:
Thanks for the kind words! You know I really do not miss the bun. Sounds weird to me to even say that as much as I used to like them. I just don't like it anymore.

I agree, I try and avoid Gluten (flour based products) and once you stopping eating them you don't really miss them.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am
Griffin well done
well done

Looks great Juju. What is Charles? That just a take off of chuck or is it a special cow? Either way, looks good.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:25 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Q! I'm not a big fan of root vegetables but I'd give those turnips a try - did they lose their natural crispness while still staying firm?

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Lookin' tasty, Qjuju! I gotta give the turnips a try.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Looks great Juju. What is Charles? That just a take off of chuck?

yep...

Return to General Discussion