Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Saturday's Cooks

Saturday's Cooks

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 am
Griffin well done
well done

Had quite a busy day Saturday. Started off making some home-made Jimmy Dean style Breakfast links (5lbs)

Then 5lbs of cheddar brats

Threw on 2 racks of ribs. One with Dizzy Pig, one 50/50 salt and pepper

Some ABTs

Some Corn

Wasn't planning on cooking the brats, but more people ended up coming so I had to add extra protein (and I was a bit curious)

We also cooked up some of our venison jalapeno cheese sausage. Unfortunately these were the last of my pics. I was so busy, I never stopped to eat all day, and then the bourbon started flowing and I sort of forgot to take any finished pics. From what I do remember, I wasn't a big fan of the salt and pepper ribs. Sure, it works for brisket, but I think pork really benefits from some sweet and heat. Everything got devoured and for once, there were hardly any leftovers. Good night, but I was exhausted by the end.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 am
sroach well done
well done

Griffin,

That is a pork-a-looza!!

The bratz look awesome, did you do a beer bath after grilling them? also, how were the ribs with just salt and pepper?

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:21 am
Griffin well done
well done

No, just gently grilled them direct until they hit 150. As for the ribs, I don't think salt and pepper is enough. They were ok, just kind of bland. Think they needed a bit of sweet and heat. The ones with Dizzy Dust were much better.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:48 am
sroach well done
well done

I was reading that thinking either that is going to be awesome or Griff won't like it.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

I was kind of shocked. I really like the salt and pepper only brisket, but the ribs just seemed to be lacking.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:17 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Did anybody eat the potato? :wink:

I can see why you were wiped out by the end of the day but I'm glad you still had enough strength to cook! :lol:

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:59 pm
Griffin well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Did anybody eat the potato? :wink:

Potato went on before ribs, ribs for 5 hours, cranked up the heat and did the corn. I think the tater would have been a tad bit over done. :wink:

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:04 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That is quite an amazing spred, Griffin! I take it the little meatball in the rib pic is for you? :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:20 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Good looking spread! I should not open threads like this 2 hours before lunch :lol:

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

CharredGriller wrote:
That is quite an amazing spred, Griffin! I take it the little meatball in the rib pic is for you? :D

Sorry - I looked again and that's the potato everyone's talking about. I mistook it for a meatball because it was so small. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Excellent! You were a busy bee this past weekend!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 pm
QJuju well done
well done

That is quite the busy weekend! Looks tasty too.

Return to General Discussion