Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Half of brisket done, other half long ways to go

Half of brisket done, other half long ways to go

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
archer75 raw
raw

I have an 11lb brisket cooking for 10 hours now. Half of the brisket is at 210F and the other half is at 180f. My concern is that I continue cooking it so the 180F half comes up to where I want it will result in the other half being way over done. What to do?

I expected the brisket to take much longer and have people coming over in another 9 hours for the BBQ.

sroach well done
well done

Can you cut in half an let the second half cook. Stick the first half in a cooler wrapped up.

Griffin well done
well done

Although it is too late by now, My thought is that you were measuring the temp in two different parts (the flat and the point). IF the flat was at 210, it should have been pulled. Then you could have sliced the point off and tossed it back in or cubed it up for burnt ends and tossed it back in.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome, Archer75! I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday...how did the brisket turn out?

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry I missed it too, Archer75, but welcome to the board! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

archer75 raw
raw

My experience with brisket is limited so I learned a lot here. The point was at 210. I ended up just leaving the whole thing on a couple more hours and the flat came up to 210 and the point went to 215. I then wrapped it and put it in a cooler for about 7 hours before we ate it. It was quite tender and still juicy. Maybe too tender?

I have plenty of leftovers so i'm looking forward to some sandwiches later with au jus.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like success to me!

Return to General Discussion