Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Dunkin' Donut heart attack

The Dunkin' Donut heart attack

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:59 am
Jackalope well done
well done

Okay boys and girls, this is it - just printed out from our local paper. Apparently June 7 is National Doughnut Day.

The "Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich", with 360 calories, packs a punch of fried egg and bacon between a split glazed doughnut. :shock:

Article from http://www.dailyherald.com

I'd like to see this monster concocted on the grill! :lol: Takers, anyone?????

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:48 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The bacon and eggs would be pretty easy, and the split side of the doughnut could be toasted over the coals for a few seconds. I'm sure somebody here's going to take the ball and run with it!

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:59 am

When I first heard of this I thought that it sounded like the breakfast version of the "Luther Burger". For those that don't know a Luther Burger is a bacon cheeseburger on a glazed donut.

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:30 am
Jackalope well done
well done

I'm checkin' that Luther Burger out on the FN now...it might be one of those things shown on either "Made in America" or "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives', because the name sounds familiar.

Oddly, today I am grilling lamb chops and fingerling potatoes only...but the Donut thing will come soon. Thanks, guys! :D

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:46 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Jackalope wrote:
it might be one of those things shown on either "Made in America" or "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives'

I've seen it one of those places too. I think Paula Deen did a version and one of the Major League Baseball stadiums serves them. I have to say even when I ate donuts it just didn't make any sense to me. Now I eat plenty of bacon & eggs and burgers and couldn't imagine covering the flavor of those with the sweetness of a donut. I'm weird like that. :mrgreen: :P

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 pm

Cliff Carter wrote:
When I first heard of this I thought that it sounded like the breakfast version of the "Luther Burger". For those that don't know a Luther Burger is a bacon cheeseburger on a glazed donut.

O.M.G :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 am
Trollby well done
well done

Funny thing is that the Donut Sausage breakfast sandwich had lower calorie count than a McD Sausage-McMuffin, go figure

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 am
Jackalope well done
well done

That is scary... my mom and I were in market research for over twenty years; her head is spinning over this - we thought Burger King's Fish fillets were bad back in the eighties! :shock:

Return to General Discussion