Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Simple Homemade Cheese Pizza

Simple Homemade Cheese Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:40 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Well, after rummaging through my freezer I realized holy cow there is nothing in here except a thing of dough. Needless to say I could tell that it's summer vacation with my 3 kids as we have no food in the house so we just decided on the basic cheese pizza. We always have cheese and I was able to find some pizza sauce in the house as well.

Rolled it out, put the parchment paper down with some garlic salt and made the pizza. Topped with some oregeno and put in the Egg at 600

Sorry no in the middle pictures but I was in a hurry today

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am
sroach well done
well done

Eddie,

For me you just made the perfect pizza. I love it when the cheese it brown and crispy! Please send over two slices..

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:27 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

sroach wrote:
Eddie,

For me you just made the perfect pizza. I love it when the cheese it brown and crispy! Please send over two slices..

Thanks! Ever since I was a kid I always liked my pizza well done :) The great thing is with the Egg it doesn't burn the bottom while you are trying to get the cheese nice and brown!

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

No need for any other photos...that one says it all! I also love a really well-browned pizza and this one passes the test!

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:17 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I'd say if it's done on the grill, there's no such thing as a "basic" cheese pizza. That "basic" pizza would be a "deluxe" wood-fired cheese pizza in most people's books. Excellent job, Eddie! One pic was more than enough as it whets the imagination. :cheers:

(Or am I the only one here thinking "I wonder just how good that pizza would taste?" :D)
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 am
sroach well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
I'd say if it's done on the grill, there's no such thing as a "basic" cheese pizza. That "basic" pizza would be a "deluxe" wood-fired cheese pizza in most people's books. Excellent job, Eddie! One pic was more than enough as it whets the imagination. :cheers:

(Or am I the only one here thinking "I wonder just how good that pizza would taste?" :D)

+1 has me thinking about a slice or two for lunch today.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:02 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great looking pizza, Edward!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion