Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Kebabs

Kebabs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Tandoori chicken (lemon Juice, tandoori spice powder, yoghurt, grated ginger and garlic)

Lamb (yoghurt, lemon, garlic, grated onion, and saffron )

Rice ( fried onion, butter, saffron, spring onion and pistachios)

Every thing was lovely except the rice. I forgot to salt it and no amount of after-seasoning really helped *weeps*

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:16 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Well, even though the rice didn't taste good at least it looked good. And the kebabs? Marvelous! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Oh my, Ang... magnificent looking kebabs! Coloring is gorgeous! I'm surprised you did not enjoy the rice, especially with that costly saffron in there. What was it that you did not favor? :D
Got beer???

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:52 am

Rice cooked without any salt in the water is really *icky* to me. No amount of after seasoning can really redeem it IMHO.

Also was the first chance I got to use Steven's kebab set, the holders made a HUGE difference to turning them. Was really pleased to be able to get them from Amazon US - have made quite a few purchases recently and it hasn't been too cost prohibitive. Sadly they drew the line at shipping me a Weber Go Anywhere *sulks*.

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Kitchenangel wrote:
Rice cooked without any salt in the water is really *icky* to me.
Rice cooked with a little salt tastes better to me, too. But otherwise you did a great job!

Why won't Amazon ship you a Go-Anywhere?

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:29 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Kitchenangel wrote:
Rice cooked without any salt in the water is really *icky* to me. No amount of after seasoning can really redeem it IMHO.

Also was the first chance I got to use Steven's kebab set, the holders made a HUGE difference to turning them. Was really pleased to be able to get them from Amazon US - have made quite a few purchases recently and it hasn't been too cost prohibitive. Sadly they drew the line at shipping me a Weber Go Anywhere *sulks*.

Oh, okay... I can appreciate that. So there was no question of hitting it with soy sauce afterwards. I guess I could liken that to cooking cranberries without sugar. :( I have discovered that for me, the best quality rice consistently comes from either Thailand or Vietnam. Noticeably better texture than some other alternatives.

I also appreciate the value of a good set of skewers. Congratulations. And the Go-Anywhere looks like it would be a nice addition. Sorry about that one.
Got beer???

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:19 am

My rice staple is basmati. I would only ever buy long grain if I there was nothing else to buy, but even a 'corner shop' here, would be likely to stock this. Basmati is very much the gold standard over here, but I have bought Thai fragrant rice occasionally.

Weber dont produce the go anywhere over here anymore owing to *stoopid* EU regulations. There is an issue with the carry handle that doesn't meet standards and therefore they are not meant to be shipped. You get them on eBay occasionally, but a new one last week went for about $210!!!!!!!!

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 am
QJuju well done
well done

eh... who needs rice! :wink: Everything else was screen-lickin' good.

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:09 am
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Kitchenangel wrote:
My rice staple is basmati. I would only ever buy long grain if I there was nothing else to buy, but even a 'corner shop' here, would be likely to stock this. Basmati is very much the gold standard over here, but I have bought Thai fragrant rice occasionally.

Weber dont produce the go anywhere over here anymore owing to *stoopid* EU regulations. There is an issue with the carry handle that doesn't meet standards and therefore they are not meant to be shipped. You get them on eBay occasionally, but a new one last week went for about $210!!!!!!!!

You certainly know what you look for and want in your rice, Ang. Seems to me that risotto has been gaining popularity over here now the past few years.

:shock: That's more than 4 times normal retail on that Weber! Outrageous is the word that comes to my mind!
Got beer???

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:19 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Outstanding! You have me craving Mediterranean food pretty bad right now. :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:20 am
sroach well done
well done

KitchenAngel,

those are some outstanding looking Kebabs! Veggies look perfect and I like you have a slight char on everything.. PERFECTO!

Do you like using the kebab rack to grill them?

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 am

The racks are actually very clever! I could see me using it inside, too. My barbie was a little small but I just balanced the holders on it.

Ang

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 pm
sroach well done
well done

Wht ever you did it worked like a charm..!!!

Return to General Discussion