Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brisket Burgers on the BGE (With Pictures)

Brisket Burgers on the BGE (With Pictures)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
EddieK1376 well done
well done

My wife is not a fan of ground beef something about the texture so when she's home and we all want burgers we usually end up at Whole Foods for their beef selection.

When I was there I saw the brisket flat with a good fat cap and I told her "I'm sure you'll like this" So I told the butcher ground me up some of that and he said "Can I come home with you guys to eat this?"

I laughed but the statement after tasting them couldn't have been more true. Anyhow, on with the pictures. Here are some ground brisket burgers. Each one was roughly 1/3 of a lb and rubbed down with Todd's Dirt that I got in the rub/sauce exchange.

Brisket burgers! by EKomrska, on Flickr

The burgers were cooked over 425 with some hickory chunks mixed in with the lump.

I must say the organic American Cheese doesn't melt as well but it sure does taste better than the Kraft stuff.

My plated picture. Normal toppings of ketchup and mayo. Some cheese fries before I poured some ranch sauce to dip them in. Along with this amazing bleu cheese potato salad from Whole Foods. Honestly, if you are ever in Whole Foods and see this...GET IT...It's amazing

All I can say about this burger is it was simply amazing. And I didn't even have the point involved just the flat but had a real good fat cap. The flavor was so rich and real beefy tasting my wife even commented "I don't like burgers but this, this I could eat everyday"

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I was in a Whole Foods for the first time a few weeks back and the meat and seafood cases were quite impressive - more than what I expected, as I had this picture in my mind of a store selling mostly granola and sprouts. :wink:

Those are some beautiful burgers, Eddie! :thumbup:

EddieK1376 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I was in a Whole Foods for the first time a few weeks back and the meat and seafood cases were quite impressive - more than what I expected, as I had this picture in my mind of a store selling mostly granola and sprouts. :wink:

Those are some beautiful burgers, Eddie! :thumbup:

Every WF is different too. Some are what I consider SUPER WF and they have a ridiculous selection and others are on the smaller side. The one I'm near is in the middle but the one in the city is SUPER.

sroach well done
well done

Eddie,

Great looking burgers, and I like your style with the extra cheese... It's always good when the butcher is excited about what you're buying :-)

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

EddieK1376 wrote:
All I can say about this burger is it was simply amazing. And I didn't even have the point involved just the flat but had a real good fat cap. The flavor was so rich and real beefy tasting my wife even commented "I don't like burgers but this, this I could eat everyday"

+1. I could eat those burgers every day as well. Excellent pics, Eddie! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to General Discussion