Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Swordfish (Pix)

Swordfish (Pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:34 am
phillyjazz well done
well done

I LOVE swordfish. Closest thing to a pork chop with fins. Simple sea salt and pepper. Wife made a lime butter....

- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

phillyjazz wrote:
I LOVE swordfish. Closest thing to a pork chop with fins.....

The steaks look fantastic! I don't get decent swordfish up here much but when I do I'd say they match your description pretty accurately.

But now I'm stuck picturing a pork chop with fins and it's a very strange picture. Now if pigs had wings, on the other hand, that would make for some really good eating too (because they'd be big wings). :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:43 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looks really good, since the seafood store near my house closed I have not found a place to get nice Sword Fish.

Shouldn't this be in the "June - Steak" thread :)

The Block party states steak, not just Beef

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Very nice, PJ! Although I'm thinking if you call swordfish "pig of the sea" it'll be just one more thing to confuse Jessica Simpson... :lol:

Trollby, which store closed?

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 pm
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Trollby wrote:
Looks really good, since the seafood store near my house closed I have not found a place to get nice Sword Fish.

Shouldn't this be in the "June - Steak" thread :)

The Block party states steak, not just Beef

Actually, farther down that thread it says "beef steak". Sorry. I think fish will be on the menu for an upcoming block party, though.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

This was $9.95 /lb. at my local Giant store. Described as "thawed", but I suppose all swordfish is frozen at sea these days. I have a few sources for frozen steaks .. have tried Trader Joe's but they are not the same. Cheap enough for fish tacos though. I have purchased swordfish "chops" which have a bone jutting out like a "frenched" chicken. Seemed very fresh, but closer to $20 / lb. which makes that a "special occasion" treat. Still these were 1/2 lb. each and were quite enough. $10.00 for a dinner for two is within reach.
- Phillyjazz -

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 am
Griffin well done
well done

Looks wonderful. I've never had swordfish. At least not that I can remember. Your pictures make me want to go out and get some.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:28 pm
sroach well done
well done

Nice SF steak you had there Philly!!! and a sweet potato to go with, pass me over a plate.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am
Trollby well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Very nice, PJ! Although I'm thinking if you call swordfish "pig of the sea" it'll be just one more thing to confuse Jessica Simpson... :lol:

Trollby, which store closed?

We had a store called "The Sea food Shop" that was by my place that had fresh fish daily plus had a Kitchen to serve.

They closed a few years back and have not found a place that has the quality they did or the selection.

I use to love the Seattle salmon steaks, just like I had when I was out visiting my brother-in-law in Seattle

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:01 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

You had me at "swordfish." It's my favorite fish--sort of like the best of chicken, steak, and seafood all rolled into one. Nice pix.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 am
QJuju well done
well done

Looks very tasty and I like swordfish as much as everyone else. I certainly think it takes to direct grilling better than any other fish or like a pork chop. I am curious about the lime butter. I made one last year for another dish. How did you like it on the fish? Do you think a lemon butter may have been better?

Whatever the butter... they look delicious.

Post Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:34 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

I find lime a little tangy-er, but lemon would have been fine.
- Phillyjazz -

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:37 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Steven wrote:
You had me at "swordfish." It's my favorite fish--sort of like the best of chicken, steak, and seafood all rolled into one. Nice pix.

So if tuna is called "chicken of the sea" (at least as a brand name), would swordfish be "pork of the sea"? :D

Return to General Discussion