Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion I must have been a good dad??

I must have been a good dad??

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
Must have been a good dad this year, actually it's a father's day and early birthday gift combined:

Image

Been wanting a Thermapen for a while, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money.. Can't wait for the next thing I cook to give it a run.
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:59 am
QJuju well done
well done

Posts: 1915
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Sweet!! Grats!
Image

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:45 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 7118
Location: Stoughton, WI
Very nice and thoughtful! It's much harder to temp-check a piece of meat with a tie or pair of slippers. :wink:

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:21 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
ScreamingChicken wrote:
Very nice and thoughtful! It's much harder to temp-check a piece of meat with a tie or pair of slippers. :wink:



It's a great point, last year I inserted the tie I got in to a brisket.. but nothing happened.
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:04 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5692
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
sroach wrote:
ScreamingChicken wrote:
Very nice and thoughtful! It's much harder to temp-check a piece of meat with a tie or pair of slippers. :wink:



It's a great point, last year I inserted the tie I got in to a brisket.. but nothing happened.


Well, nothing likely happened to the brisket anyway. The tie was likely redecorated. :twisted:

Is the probe on the ThermaPen thinner than other instant-read thermometers, or is it about the size of a Maverick probe?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:34 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
CharredGriller wrote:

Is the probe on the ThermaPen thinner than other instant-read thermometers, or is it about the size of a Maverick probe?



The body of it is about the same size (slightly thinner) but the tip is a lot smaller:

Image
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Posts: 5692
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
sroach wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:

Is the probe on the ThermaPen thinner than other instant-read thermometers, or is it about the size of a Maverick probe?



The body of it is about the same size (slightly thinner) but the tip is a lot smaller:

Image


Aha! Then that's the one I've been thinking of.

Thanks! I'm going to look around for one as I think it would be better than what I currently have. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:24 am
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
CharredGriller wrote:
sroach wrote:
CharredGriller wrote:
Thanks! I'm going to look around for one as I think it would be better than what I currently have. :D



Prepare yourself for sticker shock... :shock:

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:36 am
Griffin well done
well done

Posts: 3305
Location: Dallas, Texas

Congratulations. Too bad your family wasn't aware that the blue Thermapen is the fastest. :wink:

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:31 pm
sroach well done
well done

Posts: 1118
Location: Warrington, PA
The Camo one was sold out..
Image
_________________
XL BGE
18.5 Kettle Gold
18.5 WSM


Return to General Discussion