Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Baby Back Ribs

Baby Back Ribs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:08 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

So I had an agreement with my 9 year old son and that's if he threw out so many base runners throughout the season at catcher we'd make his favorite meal which is ribs. Well much to my happiness he did it with 4 weeks left and about 20 games left in the season. So this is good and bad because now everytime he throws someone else out it's a rib dinner. This could get very expensive :)

My wife picked up some baby backs from the butcher and I rubbed them down with all purpose dizzy pig. However, when transporting them I had a bit of an issue and bumped into something and there went the ribs on the floor. A quick rinse off and reapplied rub saved them :)

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Got the Egg at a consistent 246-254 with some hickory and apple wood mixed in and on they went. This is after 3 hours as I did a 3-1-1 version and wrapped one already and the other was getting ready.

After the foil, they were so tender and ready to be taken out. My family likes no tug to the meat so I cook them longer than most would advise but that's how they like them! I sauced them with my homemade bbq sauce and coated them with it

Plated picture. Picked up some pasta salad from the butcher, some baked potato salad, sliced up some watermelons. Used the mustard sauce and an apple chipotle bbq sauce that was sent to me from @chainsaw19 on the other forum Elfster rub and sauce exchange and the mustard one is amazing. I could stop dipping them into it!

The 2 slabs were devoured by the family! My son was happy and I can't wait to make more

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm
sroach well done
well done

You might as well place those bones in the shape of a "K" for Strike, cuz I know your son is throwing all K's by the look of those ribs..

WOW..

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:10 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That last pic says it all, Eddie. Nce ribs! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Somebody like Julia Child once said that unless sees it, nothing goes wrong in the kitchen. Or something like that. :lol:

Sounds like your son responds well to incentives...and those were some nice racks of incentives you cooked up! :wink:

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:26 pm
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

It's not a good rib unless it's a clean rib, and you guys sure cleaned the meat right off those bones! They must have been amazing.

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:28 pm
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Steven just wrote two rib-related pieces for the site:

Raichlen on Regional-Style Ribs!
http://barbecuebible.com/2013/06/21/raichlen-on-regional-style-ribs/

22 Rib Tips! Up Your Game for Slabs & Bones
http://barbecuebible.com/2013/06/21/rib-tips-hup-your-game-with-slabs-bones/

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:39 pm
QJuju well done
well done

awesome looking ribs... It must have been a rib weekend. I made some then too and I am just getting around to posting. Glad he threw them out! :wink:

Return to General Discussion