Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Today's Grill ...

Today's Grill ...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Have 6 pork tenderloin to slice into medallions for today's Sunday Family Dinner. Three will be rubbed with a cumin/chile pepper rub. Three marinated in a soy/worcestershire/blue agave/fresh orange juice marinade. I will use some of the mesquite infused RO charcoal that I got a couple of weeks ago.
Grilled corn last night for a home made corn maque choux.
Sue is making "smashed potatoes" and salad and 3 kinds of home made ice cream - Triple Chocolate, fresh strawberry, and fresh pear for dessert. She has already made "from scratch" pina colada cupcakes.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 am
Attrill well done
well done

Sounds good! Are you doing the tenderloins as a smoke, roast, grill or some combo?

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:59 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Did not do the rub - marinated them all. I indirect grilled over mesquite infused RO.
Ended up with 10 for dinner - no leftovers to put away but plenty of dishes, pots and pans, and miscellaneous containers to wash up and put away.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 am
BubbaQue well done
well done

Do you use any meat in your naque choux? I make shrimp maque choux with tasso. The tasso provides a smokey flavor. I like the idea of grilling the corn, but would be concerned about a strong smoked or grilled floavor. I may have to try this. Pork tenderloins are one of my go toos on the grill. Simple easy and hard to mess up.
Weber 22 1/2 Platium
Weber Smokey Joe Platinum
WSM

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like a great Sunday dinner, Cactus! Is "blue agave" a code name for tequila? :wink:

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

I use two 1/8" thick slices, cut into a 1/8" dice, of Boar's Head Tavern Ham in my corn maque choux. I left the corn in the husk and presoaked for about an hour before grilling. Grilled over Trader Joe's Natural Hardwood Briquettes (Rancher). No added wood for smoke but a nice char to some of the kernels.
1st time I've grilled the corn for maque choux. I usually use frozen kernels and cream in about a two to one ratio. I did not use any cream corn yesterday - just added about 1/4 cup extra heavy cream to my mix. Want enough cream in my mix but not to much that everything swims in cream. I also chop onion and a medium sized green pepper. Mix all together and sprinkle sweet paprika over top. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours. I don't add jalapeno or cayenne because most of my family does not eat hot or spicy. I did serve Trinidad Scorpian hot sauce for those brave enough to try. It was fun to watch the reactions of those who did.
Blue agave is the natural sweetener before distallation to tequilla. I use it frequently and it is pretty widely available. I usually get mine from Trader Joe's.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion