Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Beyond Red Sauce--Meatball Meets Grill

Beyond Red Sauce--Meatball Meets Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:33 pm
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Hi, everyone,

If your idea of meatballs are leaden spheres of ground meat in tomato sauce, check out our new blog: Meetball Meets Grill. http://www.barbecuebible.com

Better still, tell us how YOU harness smoke and fire to make meatballs that are out of this world!

I'm salivating already.

SR

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:34 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

MOINK Balls! That's how I grill meatballs. 8)

CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Hey Bob! How's it going?

I've got one of Steven's meatball baskets and It does a really good job. In fact, I try to grill meatballs instead of cooking the fried or baked ones whenever I can. If I cook some in the near future I'll post pics.

Another big use for the basket is to use it to cook kofte (or keftedes, the Greek ones). I also use other ground meat kebab recipes and cook them as meatballs as well. This is a nice alternative to grilling them on a skewer when you don't have any of the ultra-wide ones. :D

But the one I haven't tried yet is a bit of a no-brainer up here: Swedish meatballs. I need to look up a good recipe and adapt it.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That looks like a pretty neat idea and I'll bet with a little thought the basket could be used for other things as well.

Otherwise I wonder if a fish basket would work for grilling them 2 at a time.

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:30 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Doing well Charred! Hope all is well on your end too.

I've seen pictures on Google Images of folks making MOINK balls on skewers. I'm sure they were using the premade-precooked meatballs though. I cook mine in the smoker so they don't need turning.

Return to General Discussion