Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Mexican Style Flank Steak (Pictures)

Mexican Style Flank Steak (Pictures)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

It's been awhile since I've posted but lately haven't been doing much cooking on the Egg as I was kinda in a rut and just wanted to cook and eat and not take pictures....

Anyhow last night picked up a 2.25 lb Flank Steak from Whole Foods and some plantains. Decided I was gonna do some mexican style marinade....

Threw in some olive oil, worsteshire sauce, cumin, red pepper flakes, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and marinaded for about 24 hours.

So today I started the Egg got it up to about 450 as I was throwing on some bell peppers to grill them up too.....

Untitled by EKomrska, on Flickr

Let it get to about 129 and I removed the Flank Steak and let it rest. I really let those peppers cook to get them nice and burnt as I like them that way.

Once it was rested I sliced against the grain...SUPER THIN and sliced up the peppers

Made some fried plantains and a salad topped with fresh raspberries....Fajitas with some queso fresco topped it off

Great meal and the flank steak was amazingly tender! Flank steak is something we love around here especially when cooked and sliced right!

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:20 am
sroach well done
well done

Eddie,

That is an awesome looking plate, very tasty looking. I know what you mean about the rut...

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:20 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

EddieK1376 wrote:
Once it was rested I sliced against the grain...SUPER THIN and sliced up the peppers

Nicely done, Eddie! You got it just right, too. Flank steak is one of the trickiest steaks to cook, and slicing it as thin as possible is mandatory. I also only cook it to medium-rare (or maybe medium if I'm lucky), or it gets tough as shoe leather. But the taste is well worth the trouble. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:41 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Excellent job Eddie! The sides looks as fantastic as the perfectly cooked flank. :D

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice job, Eddie - restaurant quality! :thumbup:

Return to General Discussion