Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Barbecued Buffalo Chicken Cheesecake - Recipe

Barbecued Buffalo Chicken Cheesecake - Recipe

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Cactus1 well done
well done

I made this recipe last night using leftover barbecued chicken thigh meat. I believe that I am the original developer of this recipe when I posted it to another barbecue forum site 8 or 9 years ago. I've used chicken here but this is a good way to use up small quantities of any leftover barbecue meat. Let your imagination run wild.

BARBECUE BUFFALO CHICKEN CHEESECAKE

For the crust:
1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix mixed according to instructions on the box. (You can use, but it is really not necessary, a better quality corn bread recipe.)

For the filling:
1 1/2 cups diced leftover chicken thigh meat marinated in your favorite Buffalo wing sauce
2 8 ounce packages Philadelphia brand cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs

Preheat grill or smoker to 350 degrees. I used Royal Oak Premium Briquettes with mesquite. I set up my 26 3/4" Weber OTG for indirect grilling. I have a dedicated 10" springform pan that I use on the grill or smoker. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of pan. Thoroughly mix the filling ingredients. Spread the corn bread mix evenly on the bottom of the pan and place on the grill for 10 minutes - just long enough for the corn bread to set but not bake entirely. Spread the cheesecake mix evenly, I sprinkled sweet paprika over top. Place on center of grill for 1 hour, maintaining 350 degrees for first 45 minutes - close bottom vents and let grill temperature start to die out for final 15 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes before releasing from pan.

My family does not eat a lot of hot and spicey. I sprinkled some Buffalo wing sauce over the top of my portion.

The basic crust and filling recipe will remain the same, but you can add barbecue rub,chopped onions, chopped peppers, hot sauce, etc. to the filling. Let your imagination and your leftover barbecue meat be your guide.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's definitely unusual but since your recipe doesn't call for any added sugar it looks interesting. I don't think we have any springform pans, though, so I'd have to pick one up.

Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
It's definitely unusual but since your recipe doesn't call for any added sugar it looks interesting. I don't think we have any springform pans, though, so I'd have to pick one up.

No sugar. This is meant to be served as a fairly light main dish. Add a nice salad or grilled ear of fresh sweet corn and you're in business. Being Buffalo Chicken, I did not add any rub because I had nothing on hand to compliment the flavor profile of Buffalo Chicken, but I did marinate the chicken and add extra wing sauce to the recipe. I will add rub if I use leftover barbecue meat of another kind.
You were part of the other forum, several years ago, when a bunch of us were fooling around one day and someone said something about barbecueing a cheesecake and I thought "Why not?" and started to play around with it. I posted the recipe there when I had it good enough to make it worthwhile. A lot of them laughed at me.
I've had the old springform for years and use for meatloaf and the cheesecake. I drilled holes in the bottom and sides to let some smoke penetrate.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion