Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion My Sunday Grill

My Sunday Grill

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:31 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Have two 4 1/2 - 5 lb bone in pork loins for today's grill. Will go in WSM with a little hickory for smoke. Making Steve's Red Eye Gravy Sauce from BBQ USA. Local sweet corn starting to come in and will pick up 1 1/2 dozen ears for corn on the cobb. 1 1/2 lb. 21-25 count shrimp to munch on. Wife is making twice baked potatoes - probably fire up a One Touch for these. We'll figure some type of salad or slaw, depends on wat looks good at the produce store later this morning, to go with. Home Made Chocolate Salted Caramel Ice Cream - she made the caramel last night - and some kind of cupcake for dessert.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:55 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds like another fine Sunday dinner! Everything turn out as planned?

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:22 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Sounds like another fine Sunday dinner! Everything turn out as planned?

Other than not getting the Red Eye Barbecue Sauce made, all was good. Basted one of the roasts with Garland Jack's Secret Six and the other with a Cherry Berry Jalapeno Compote that I bought up in Cedarburg last weekend.
Local, and I guess they mean within 100 mile radius, sweet corn starting to come in and it was great!
Thought the salted caramel ice cream was mixed with the Triple Chocolate. Ice cream maker has pretty much been my wife's domain so far. Just salted caramel - she even made her own caramel. Took over as # 1 from the Triple Chocolate. She said she is going to combine elements of the two recipes next weekend.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion