Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion You've Tried Pulled Pork, NOW try PULLED LAMB BBQ!

You've Tried Pulled Pork, NOW try PULLED LAMB BBQ!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
christinebbqb medium-rare
medium-rare

Check out this Pulled Lamb BBQ recipe from chef Edward Lee:
http://barbecuebible.com/recipe/pulled-lamb-bbq/

We also have an excerpt from his book "Smoke & Pickles" on Barbecue Bible:
http://barbecuebible.com/2013/07/30/a-handful-of-smoke-pickles/

Cactus1 well done
well done

Gotta be good. Need to get the book. Looks like an interesting read and he has an interesting, but very good, philosophy.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's an interesting recipe! I've never seen lamb shoulder in the store but there's a lamb farm not too terribly far away from me so I should be able to get one.

There's nothing wrong with finishing it in the oven once the meat's gotten enough smoke but I think I'd probably leave it on the grill just to be puritanical about it. :lol:

Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's an interesting recipe! I've never seen lamb shoulder in the store but there's a lamb farm not too terribly far away from me so I should be able to get one.

There's nothing wrong with finishing it in the oven once the meat's gotten enough smoke but I think I'd probably leave it on the grill just to be puritanical about it. :lol:

If I remember correctly you've also got llama, although I don't think they butcher for meat - maybe they do, and ostrich and emu not to far. And then there's that longhorn ranch 25 or 30 miles north on I90 from where I90 and I94 split off. They butcher but grind all into burger.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Married_Man medium-well
medium-well

What's the target temp? 205-210?
CG Akorn - Kamado Kooker
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"

ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The recipe calls for the meat to fall off the bone so you could probably use the "wiggle test".

Return to General Discussion