Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Ever Have 'Leftovers' Pizza?

Ever Have 'Leftovers' Pizza?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Last month we had a surplus of Moink Balls and Stuffed Jalapenos (ABT's) and it HIT me!

DSCN0719.jpg
DSCN0719.jpg (140.44 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

DSCN0728.jpg
DSCN0728.jpg (162.59 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Wished I could have cooked these on the grill but at least the ingredients were. Made for a fast, simple and delicious meal.

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:42 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yes, I've had leftovers pizza. But I've never had leftover MOINK ball and ABT pizza - those are off the charts, Bob! :cheers:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:10 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Well, as I posted the above pictures, we actually had four more pizzas in the oven. They were layered will all kinds of goodies and some pulled pork. I made the comment to my wife that I couldn't even taste the pepperoni. She said, yeah, the pulled pork was the only meat she could taste too. TOO BAD pepperoni... maybe next time! :lol:

And as I was finishing the last few bites, I realized, I didn't take any pictures. :(

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The pizzas turned out great, Bob! You really got some good color on them and we already know the ingredients were first-rate!

So did you have any leftover leftovers? :wink:

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:02 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

So sorry, but those babies are long gone. There is a slice on my wife's pulled pork pizza from last night still in the fridge.

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

So before you added those great toppings was the original pizza from scratch, or was it store-bought? And if it was store-bought, what brand was it?
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We do make our own crusts and pizzas from scratch quite often. However, these were premade, store bought, frozen, Totinos Party Pizzas. But by the time we're through with then you can't taste what the factory added. :wink:

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:33 am
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob-BQN wrote:
We do make our own crusts and pizzas from scratch quite often. However, these were premade, store bought, frozen, Totinos Party Pizzas. But by the time we're through with then you can't taste what the factory added. :wink:

Absolutely true. I'll often buy one of the basic take-home cheese pizzas from the supermarktet, but by the time I'm done topping it there's no comparison. Add some wood smoke - even from a foil smoker pouch on a gas grill - and people have no idea it started as a store-bought pizza.

But take a homemade crust or even a store-bought crust with your own homemade sauce, and that's pure heaven.

BTW - I love the new avatar pic, Bob! :cheers:

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:12 pm
BBQ Deputy

Totino's is by far my favorite of the ultra-affordable frozen pizzas because of how crispy the crust gets.

Bob has always reminded me a little bit of this guy! :lol:

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I modified a picture some years back for our 4th of July invitations. Due to size limitations a bit of it got cropped off. I just did notice the forum allowed for avatars... even though I saw a few of y'all had them, it didn't dawn on me. :oops:

Fat Jack, huh? :lol: While I was away from the forum I lost 100 lbs. I wanted to lose about 20 more but my wife kept complaining that I was too skinny... :shock: Needless to say I've gained too much of it back and should probably lose some again. :?

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Totino's is by far my favorite of the ultra-affordable frozen pizzas because of how crispy the crust gets.

Bob has always reminded me a little bit of this guy! :lol:

ScreamingChicken -That's the place I was asking about a week or so ago and couldn't remember the name.I'mnota cracker crust pizza guy but we can get a local that is really good. Cheat when I make my pizza ... Dough comes from Trader Joe's and sauce from Italian deli - a lot of the toppings come from either Trader Joe's or the deli also.
Bob - You do do great stuff! Send them to me - I will eat your mistakes - bet I don't get to many care packages coming fromyour direction. :mrgreen:
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:19 pm
BBQ Deputy

Fat Jack's has been a favorite for years and I can see how someone could confuse the name with "Smoky Jon's".

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:22 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Last Smokey Jon I knew was in about 1973 ... Oh never mind.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion