Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion To Much Going On !

To Much Going On !

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:50 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Been really busy ... Getting my own safety management consulting company off the ground and prepping for Family Summer Birthday celebration later today. "50's - early '60's themed. I've taken my participation to a different level - I'm going to do a whole Bing Crosby persona - back in the day that the PGA tour event at Pebble Beach was sponsored by and named for Bing. He started the event as a little friendly competition, think in 1948, with friends and pro's mixed in and called it "The Clambake".
Going to be fun - moved an old 26 3/4" CharBroil Magnum grill to nephew's house to cook on - doing ABT's and stuffed mushrooms for my part. Magnum will end up at niece's house after tomorrow.
My first business trip in over a decade takes me to Indianapolis all of next week.
Be back to cook Labor Day weekend and I saw halved small pigs at a local multi-ethnic where I got my jalapenos and mushrooms. Looks like they weigh maybe 12 - 15 lbs. I've never done a whole or split hog. These look just about the right size to try one.
Maybe Labor Day weekend Sunday and want to do a whole packer brisket for Monday.
Looks like I'm missing a lot of good stuff, but I'll try to get caught up one of these days.
Almost 2:00 A.M. and I have to be up at 7:15.
Hope you all have great grilling and barbecuing weather this weekend.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:28 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

Congrats on new business! SR

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Good luck, Larry - hopefully you'll have time to catch your breath once in awhile!

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Best of luck with the new business, Larry! And I hope the Labor Day cooks go really well - brisket and whole (half?) hog are challenging to make but at the same time they're fairly forgiving too, compared to some dishes.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Thanks all. It's been interesting but fun to set up on my own.
I already posted my Labor Day cooks elsewhere here. Didn't get either the split baby pig or the brisket done.
Feel a brisket coming on for next weekend - September 14 or 15.
With pork this month's Block Party, maybe try to get the split baby pig done the following weekend.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Cactus1 wrote:
Thanks all. It's been interesting but fun to set up on my own.
I already posted my Labor Day cooks elsewhere here. Didn't get either the split baby pig or the brisket done.
Feel a brisket coming on for next weekend - September 14 or 15.
With pork this month's Block Party, maybe try to get the split baby pig done the following weekend.

Oh man, am I ever looking forward to those!

Here's a link to the FAQ on posting photos:
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5817
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

No brisket this weekend. Order got placed tonight for Sunday Family Dinner - stepson even buying and bringing over all the fixings.
Philly steak sandwiches using flank steak, his Mom's home made scalloped potatoes, fresh grilled corn on the cobb, and a salad. Grandson's 2nd soccer game is Saturday and to much running to do to even think of firing up for a brisket. Brisket may get pushed off until October ... want to get that split pig done the following weekend.
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion