Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Grilled Corn

Grilled Corn

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I believe this is the third time in a month that we grilled corn... AND I'M STILL NOT TIRED OF IT! :D

DSCN0920.jpg
DSCN0920.jpg (82.78 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

Also got some ribs out of the freezer to accompany.

DSCN0921.jpg
DSCN0921.jpg (74.81 KiB) Viewed 2141 times

Hope y'all are having a great weekend. Gotta go finish moving the back 40. :wink:

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:47 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Nice. Corn has been really good this year. I've done several times but not for a few weeks. Going to be traveling back roads of NW Indiana a week from next Friday. Will be on lookout for farm stands. Want corn and musk melons for sure + whatever else I find.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob, who in his (or her) right mind could get tired of corn that looks that good?!? :lol:

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Wouldn't know... I've never been accused of being in my right mind! :P :lol:

Sure could use a couple more ears 'bout now.

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 am
Griffin well done
well done

Mmmm...love grilled corn. Haven't been eating as much of it this summer as in years past, Doc's orders. Might have to sneak some in this week, though.

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:50 pm
sroach well done
well done

Can't get tired of that stuff..!

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:27 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

sroach wrote:
Can't get tired of that stuff..!

Me neither, but sometimes I think that if I eat any more corn this season I'm gonna turn into a silo. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:17 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

CharredGriller wrote:
... if I eat any more corn this season I'm gonna turn into a silo. :twisted:

I resemble that remark! :lol:

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Bob, have you tried the mayo instead of butter on it yet?

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:22 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

We've had mayo a couple of times. I find it OK for a change from the usual, I prefer butter, but most times nothing at all. The corn we had Monday was really good so I ate it straight from the grill without any seasoning or butter. MMMmmm!

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Bob-BQN wrote:
We've had mayo a couple of times. I find it OK for a change from the usual, I prefer butter, but most times nothing at all. The corn we had Monday was really good so I ate it straight from the grill without any seasoning or butter. MMMmmm!

It's interesting that since I started grilling corn, most of the time I don't top it with anything at all either. That's especially true of corn I grill in the husk as it's very sweet. Corn I grill with the husk off might sometimes get a little bit of butter and salt as I find it a little bit tougher.

However, if I'm at someone's house and they serve boiled corn, I almost always have to reach for the butter and seasonings.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:02 pm
Leatherneck well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:

Any time you can eat it straight up, you know it's dad gum good.

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:29 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

You got that right Leatherneck. :) Sometimes I'll go buy an ear of corn at lunchtime, shuck it and eat it raw. So far this year we only gotten one batch that was less that excellent. It's been a good corn year around here (where ever it comes from). The picture with the bowl of butter, it was used for basting while grilling. Ate the corn without adding anything else once it was removed from the fire.

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:26 am
Steven Grilling Guru
Grilling Guru

So happy to see corn grilled with husk off. That's how you caramelize the natural plant sugars. Just returned from a trip to a land where people still grill their corn wrapped in foil. Yikes!

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's one thing that I always noticed about the Reynolds sponsorship spot at the start and end of Primal Grill episodes: the foil-wrapped grilled corn! :lol:

Next

Return to General Discussion